Internal Controls Financial Reporting Executive (Remote Options Available)
Purpose of Job** This role can sit in the San Antonio Home Office, or in a remote location with travel to San Antonio. **
Leads implementation and execution of the Internal Controls Financial Reporting (ICFR) program and governance for USAA in accordance with Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act and the Model Audit Rule. Develops the program to ensure the management of all USAA’s principle ICFR risks across its Insurance, Banking, Investing and Real Estate lines of businesses and functional areas. Engages and partners with the Chief Risk Office and provides leadership and direction to ensure processes and procedures are in place to effectively monitor and manage risk.
- Work closely with the Chief Risk Office to develop, oversee and coordinate the SOX ICFR program plan, to track and document overages, identify and implement process improvements. Prepares status reporting for USAA in accordance with Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act and the Model Audit Rule in order to manage all of USAA’s principle ICFR risks across its Insurance, Banking, and other lines of businesses and functional areas. In addition, ensures the program plan is aligned with internal and external stakeholders to meet ICFR and compliance.
- Responsible for on-going assessments of internal control over financial reporting (“ICFR”) to verify that related risks are appropriately identified, controls are designed to mitigate related risks, and controls are operating effectively in accordance with COSO 2013 and to comply with SOX Act 2002. This includes advising control owners and business risk officers of new or updates to existing controls.
- Leads and reviews test work, documents observations, verifies remediation is appropriate, and oversees the creation of management reporting. Make recommendations and decisions to strive for the optimum balance between implementing and executing control versus the cost of implementing controls to arrive at the most beneficial result for the Company ICFR structure.
- Responsible for creating training curriculum and oversees preparation of materials, and provides training to control owners, business risk officers, and SOX team members as necessary to ensure an effective SOX program.
- Partners with Senior Leaders in Lines of Business, and Staff Agencies to include Audit, Compliance and Risk Management to provide guidance on ICFR control designs that address strategic, operational, financial and regulatory risks.
- Leads a team of professionals who ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and ICFR policies and procedures; works with external auditors.
- Responsible for implementation of multiple, complex ICFR project/program initiatives to include governance, strategy, risk assessment and oversight of control selection, testing, root-cause analysis and evaluation of findings individually and in the aggregate at each relevant reporting entity and time
- Responsible for preparation of key reports and communications and presents to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory bodies and the Bank and USAA Board of Directors Manages the development of quality standards, operating policies, and procedures and directs implementation of approved changes.
- Identifies risk and/or quality control improvements and provides support for major initiatives as appropriate, including project activities, related integrations, strategic activities, and large system/process improvements.
- Responsible for the governance, administration of compliance and operational documents and operating procedures. Stays current of regulatory environment and new developments; Develops and recommends action plans for initiatives that have regulatory impact.
- Supports and engages as appropriate in discussions with relevant regulators (e.g. OCC, FDIC, CFPB) on the ICFR program and results. Keeps direct Senior Management apprised of changes and developments. Establishes and monitors key performance and risk indicators/metrics for line of business or staff agency to assist with the early identification of risk trends as first line of defense. Implements second line of defense risk management programs in accordance with established roles and responsibilities therein.
Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years’ experience delivering compliance mandates around Sarbanes Oxley 404 within the Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework working for a large financial institution, public accounting firm (Big 4 or large regional accounting firm) and/or internal audit experience.
- 6 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required to include progressive related experience developing, influencing and delivering results in a complex ICFR matrix environment. Extensive experience in performing review and challenge control documentation and testing.
- Deep understanding of Banking regulations, regulatory reporting requirements, and ICFR compliance.
- Experience effectively managing deliverables with the ability to drive toward deadlines for exceptional results.
- Ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Broad understanding of current accounting (U.S. GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principles.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts (COSO 2013) including IIA Standards and various auditing techniques.
- Pro-active and strong interpersonal skills with a team-focused attitude, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships.
- Aptitude for critical and long-term strategic thinking and application.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report development and management reporting to senior leadership.
- A professional certification such as CISA, CPA, CIA preferred
THIS ROLE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES UNTIL 11:59PM ON THURSDAY, OCT 22.
- Financial Accountant I (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Financial Reporting Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Accounting Policy Senior (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas
- IT SOX Advisor Senior (Remote Work Location Available) Plano, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Lead SOX Advisor (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas