Instructional Designer SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0036434 Date posted Aug. 13, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobAt USAA Federal Savings Bank we are building a culture of risk awareness and customer care that begins with a commitment to employee learning and development. We are seeking an imaginative, talented, experienced individual, passionate about creating best in class learning experiences that serve to enhance the performance of employees. Come join our team! This senior instructional designer will be part of a growing team that will lead the way for creating role based critical learning experiences that empower bank employees to fulfill our mission. Using your digital learning design experience, you will partner with business leaders to create multi-modality, best in class learning solutions for bank professionals at all levels.
Partners with business, Learning Performance Consultants and Learning Development Advisors to gather and validate learning requirements (performance requirements, measures of success, terms and conditions). Performs analyses, designs and develops learning curriculum to improve performance of USAA employees. Assesses the learning outcomes that need to be developed, understands the performance expectations and gaps, and assists in deriving the appropriate learning solution. Works under minimal supervision. Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution across multiple human resource disciplines and/or CoSAs
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Instructional Designer for the San Antonio Home Office II/III or remote.
- Organizes course content to produce curriculum that meets learning needs of the business.
- Develops and manages timelines and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to validate that curriculum solutions align to business priorities and strategy for operational effectiveness.
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Develops tools and processes to measure effectiveness of curriculum solutions and learner performance to ensure solutions meet employee skill development requirements.
- Engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning solutions to specific communities.
- Assembles key participants & guides and facilitates cross functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and potential solutions.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required (OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 6 or more years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience and advanced knowledge of instructional design tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management skills, multi-tasking and project flexibility.
- Digital learning design experience utilizing multiple modalities and non-conventional learning approaches.
- Knowledge of learning technology platforms and a desire to learn even more in this space.
- Experience creating learning solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment with a focus on iteration, continuous improvement using business feedback, and lifecycle planning for learning programs.
- Assessment expertise at multiple Kirkpatrick levels and the ability utilize technology to scale and sustain.
- Degree in adult learning, learning technology or workplace learning techniques or commensurate professional experience.
- Experience working in an instructional design or learning technology position in a large corporate environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.