Instructional Designer – Senior LevelLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033904 Date posted Jun. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Instructional Designer - Senior Level for our San Antonio, TX facility. The USAA IT organization is building a culture of risk awareness and technical competence that begins with a commitment to employee learning and development. We are seeking an imaginative, talented, experienced individual, passionate about creating best in class learning experiences that serve to enhance the performance of employees. Come join our team!
This instructional designer will be part of a growing team that will lead the way for creating role based critical learning experiences that empower technology employees to fulfill our mission. Using your digital learning design experience, you will partner with business leaders to create multi-modality, best in class learning solutions for technology professionals at all levels.
Instructional Designers partner with business, Learning Performance Consultants and Learning Development Advisors to gather and validate learning requirements (performance requirements, measures of success, terms and conditions). Performs analyses, designs and develops learning curriculum to improve performance of USAA employees. Assesses the learning outcomes that need to be developed, understands the performance expectations and gaps, and assists in deriving the appropriate learning solution. Works under minimal supervision. Performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution across multiple human resource disciplines and/or CoSAs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Organizes course content to produce curriculum that meets learning needs of the business.
- Develops and manages timelines and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to validate that curriculum solutions align to business priorities and strategy for operational effectiveness.
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Develops tools and processes to measure effectiveness of curriculum solutions and learner performance to ensure solutions meet employee skill development requirements.
- Engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning solutions to specific communities.
- Assembles key participants & guides and facilitates cross functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and potential solutions.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience and advanced knowledge of instructional design tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management skills, multi-tasking and project flexibility
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 6 or more years of digital learning design experience utilizing multiple modalities and non-conventional learning approaches
- Knowledge of learning technology platforms and a desire to learn even more in this space
- 3 or more years of experience creating learning solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment with a focus on iterative, continuous improvement using business feedback, and lifecycle planning for learning programs
- 1 or more years of assessment expertise at multiple Kirkpatrick levels and the ability to utilize technology to scale and sustain
- College Degree in adult learning, learning technology or workplace learning techniques or commensurate professional experience
- Experience coaching junior team members in the development and delivery of work
USAA Instructional Designers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 06/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.