Inside Property Adjuster - Mid Level - Remote (Staffing Agency)
Purpose of Job***This requisition is for candidates who have been contacted by a Staffing Agency specifically for this position.
We are seeking experienced Property Adjusters to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our military friendly workplace serving our Members. The ideal candidates for these opportunities should possess strong virtual estimating skills for minimal/low severity losses and/or reconcile estimates and adaptable to working in a telephone concentrated environment without physical inspection.
Multiple positions are available in any USAA office or working from home.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles moderate to complex property insurance claims presented by or against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members’ life events, as appropriate.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with moderate to complex damages. Updates initial reserve levels dictated by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to prepare estimates.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to initiate inspections and facilitate moderately complex claims resolution.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources. May identify and resolve potential discrepancies resulting from unusual characteristics.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Determines coverage through analyzing investigation information involving moderate to complex claim recommendation and resolution.
- Communicates with insured about coverage and any issues that arise. Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages claimed.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the claims process for moderate to complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms. Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to handle moderate to complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as needed to include working significant overtime; may involve deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that can occur in the claims process without supervisory approval.
- High School Diploma General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 year of relevant property claims adjusting experience or 2 years relevant claims adjusting experience.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Developing knowledge of XactAnalysis, Xact Contents, or similar tools and platforms.
- Developing knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Contacted by staffing agency regarding this position
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Strong estimate writing skills using Xactimate, Claims X or virtual estimating
- 2+ years relevant residential property claims adjusting experience, to include personal property and dwelling
- In office property claims handling experience
- Property field inspection experience
- Experience scoping the loss, writing an estimate, and managing loss
- Knowledge of homeowner property policies and endorsements
- Currently hold an active Adjuster license
- Prior experience working directly for a standard insurance provider
- Demonstration of pursuit of insurance related self-development (i.e. insurance designation)
- Experience in a call center environment
Availability to work a flexible schedule Monday – Friday with availability for occasional evenings and weekends as business need dictates. Typical hours are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm local time. This is an hourly, non-Exempt position with paid overtime available.
Work from home member contact employees must have access to minimum broadband internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current requirements are as follows:
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA customer.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA provides.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $46,000 - $82,900*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.