Infrastructure Engineer Lead/Public Cloud - REMOTE
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Infrastructure Engineer - Lead for our San Antonio, TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% remote work environment.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee’s manager. This position may also be in a 100% remote work environment.
The candidate selected for this position will be providing technical direction to application teams in USAA’s Bank and Technology team. They will specifically be engaged with the projects to identify, implement and optimize new Public Cloud solutions and improve developer productivity. They will serve as Infrastructure Engineer Lead, guiding teams towards best practice and approved solutions, leveraging Public Cloud environments. This includes helping to influence new standards and practices. They will be working with AWS mostly but experience with GCP and Azure is a plus."
Engineering Professions Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job. Responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure and individual system components that enable business functions and IT Services. Balance availability, security, efficiency, and functional requirements to help provide an optimized production service. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored, and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads the design of highly complex, scalable infrastructure, creates and enforces standards for system change – reserves execution for the most complex implementations, ensures service delivery and maintenance tasks are appropriately automated, and Influences and guides monitoring and tooling activities, especially in the areas relating to Public Cloud infrastructure and automation.
- Leads resolution of the most complex production issues and guides troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple systems
- Influences the process of analyzing outages, designing highly available solutions within Public Cloud arena
- Leads and prioritizes experiments with new patterns and technologies
- Determines engineering best practices, concepts, and patterns
- Understands and shares information about the customer and leads the identification of solutions and ideas for the customer
- Partners with key stakeholders to lead the evaluation of potential solutions
- Mentor and coach junior / experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of Public Cloud infrastructure experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s) to include 3 years' experience in Cloud Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and infrastructure management activities.
- 2 years demonstrated technical leadership experience and/or leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully partnering with business teams and leaders to design and manage highly available, complex, secure, enterprise infrastructure, and associated components, including servers, storage, network, and virtualized systems.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2 Years of Terraform, Git, Python, and GoLang experience.
- Strong understanding/experience with Public Cloud Infrastructure, to include Lambda, EC2, Database, and CICD deployment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $117,600 - $211,700*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.