Information Management Analyst Senior
At USAA, you’ll be able to align your skillset with our values. Our Data & Analytics team provides crucial insights that benefit our members – active military, those who’ve served and their families. So, when you look beyond the facts and figures, you won’t just find a solution for our business. You’ll find a way to improve the livelihoods and outcomes of our members. See how you can grow a meaningful career with USAA.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Information Management Analyst Senior at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
- Team player
Here's what our people are saying
“USAA helps me create an environment for success for my team, where we can create healthy challenges, drive accountability, feel valued, innovate and build for the future. Every day, I feel blessed to be serving those that have served the country.”
Venkata A.Information Governance
“As a woman in Data Science, I like working for a company that values diversity and inclusion. Additionally, I am a military BRAT and a member of a Gold Star Family, so USAA’s mission is an incredible opportunity to ‘Go Above for those who have Gone Beyond.’ Put simply, coming to USAA feels like coming home.”
Michelle S.Data Scientist
“USAA truly believes in the value of leveraging our data to improve Member experiences. What I work on every day ends up impacting our Members. I am elated to be part of a company where my work is impactful and where my ongoing professional growth and academic pursuits are supported and even promoted.”
David H.Data Scientist
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Information Management Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Information Management Analyst Senior for San Antonio Home Office II/III, Phoenix Office, Tampa Office or Remote Work Location Available.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
• Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
• Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
• Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
• Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
• Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
As part of 1st line of defense, responsibilities include:
• Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
• Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
Leverages advance data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices. This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Responsible for the update of Information Asset Inventories and validation to ensure data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices.
- Integrate Information Management practices into existing processes including ability to incorporate data management practices into new and emerging information technologies.
- Review and validate metadata repository and metadata association. Improve metadata to add additional value to the organization.
- Support Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete end to end data flow of critical data.
- Review, validate, and record data quality information including data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, implementing data quality rule checks, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Identify and maintain data quality corrective action plans.
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks. Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual data quality risks.
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
Manage quality and maintenance of master data as it is created.
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes in steward capacity as needed.
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to define and implement Access Management strategies in alignment with Information Governance policies in a Steward capacity.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data in accordance to defined policies and processes as a steward.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline or 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in an information management practice, business application function, or data delivery; OR if Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline, 4 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function.
- Proven experience applying data management practices and tools to address data management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Proven ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor through executive levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information / data and research in order to recommend information management initiatives that meet business goals.
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Intermediate SQL or SAS programming skills
- Strong technical acumen; previous experience working on or in support of a data and analytics team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to create synergies/draw connections across multiple platforms/disparate systems to drive consistency and reuse in metadata
- Demonstrate deep curiosity and willingness to trace gaps in metadata (and ultimately quality) back to the originator to address and resolve issues proactively at the source
- Intermediate understanding of the data development life cycle and information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata management, data quality, etc.)
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT development environments, tools, and maintenance processes and how these pieces impact metadata and quality
- Previous experience as a DPO/Scrum Master or experience working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with tools: JIRA, Rally, IBM InfoSphere Suite (Information Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer, DataStage)
- Experience working for a large financial institution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Information Management Analyst Senior (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Senior Business Risk and Controls (Real Estate Servicing/ TPRM Oversight) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Development Product Owner I San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Reporting Analyst - Mortgage RE Lead Distribution Phoenix, Arizona