Information Management Analyst Lead (Remote Work Location Available)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Information Management Analyst Lead for either our San Antonio Home office, or a 100% Remote Work Environment.
As a key member of the Bank Information Risk Services, the Information Management Analyst Lead will partner with Information Architects, Governance Advisors, Data Engineers, Technology Information Custodians across the Bank and USAA to help drive alignment with published Information Governance and Management standards and policies. This role will be critical in driving the maturity of the Information Management practices within Bank.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management functions noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GLBA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- As part of 1st line of defense, responsibilities include:
Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices.
- This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
Lead discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems. Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Influence or assist with prioritization of work based on criticality and risk.
- Influence others across business areas and levels to implement and enhance information solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and validity of Information Asset Inventories.
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices.
- Lead the integration of Information Management practices into existing processes including ability to incorporate data management practices into new and emerging information technologies or complex situations.
- Improve metadata to add increasing value to the organization.
- Lead the identification of and resolution of complex metadata concerns or issues.
- Lead Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete end to end data flow of critical data.
- Development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes in complex situations.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development and overseeing the implementation of data quality controls.
- Define and oversee high risk data quality corrective action plans.
- Oversee compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks. Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual data quality risks.
- Influence others to implement and improve data quality practices.
- Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Ensure quality and maintenance of master and reference data.
- Develop of archiving and purging strategies and processes for complex situations (Data Warehouses; Data Lakes; etc.).
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to define and implement complex Access Management strategies in alignment with Information Governance policies.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data to ensure proper mitigation of inherent risk.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline or 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 8 years of experience in an information management practice, business application function, or data delivery; OR if Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline, 6 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function.
- Demonstrated expertise to develop and implement of Strategies or Processes related to Information Management in complex situations.
- Proven experience leading projects or programs in which you applied data management practices and tools to address data management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
- Advanced SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information/data and research in order to recommend information management initiatives that meet business goals.
- Experience leading project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue management of data.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology.
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Indirect leadership of others to deliver results.
- Demonstrated information management expertise including experience coaching and mentoring others on information management practices.
- Experience and versed with technical and business data lineage maps, working with IT Technical engineers
- Experience with enabling and documenting data lineage within our central metadata repository
- Experience with implementing data quality controls for exchanging data in a highly regulated/governed environment.
- Experience in defining and designing data quality frameworks (instrumentation, measurement).
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica/DataStage) and associated Metadata tools.
- Experience in SQL, Database technologies (Oracle, DB2, Snowflakeetc.), Java, Python, IGC Metadex technologies
- Ability to work independently for assessing Data Flows and detect Data Quality controls (implemented/needed).
- Experience in providing technical input for technical design discussions
- Experienced and comfortable defining technical scope and translating into actionable and tangible outcomes in creating reporting or evidence artifacts for OCC
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: able to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes and recommend resolutions: can present results in meaningful terms
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Director, Audit - Fraud and Central Operations San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Business Risk and Controls San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Information Governance Advisor Lead– Life Company– San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa Campus or 100% Remote Work Environment San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Real Estate Processor (Work at Home) Tampa, Florida | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas