Information Management Analyst I – Bank Financial Crimes (100% Remote Work Available)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Information Management Analyst I for the San Antonio, TX Office or 100% Remote Work Environment.
This role will serve as an Information Management Analyst within Financial Crimes. This person will be instrumental in managing the data environment and information assets leveraged within the area. In addition, this position will look to streamline and improve upon data quality incident identification.
This role will also work with supporting IT teams to manage workload and priorities. A strong Scaled Agile background is preferred with experience working in project management tools such as Rally and Jira.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards.
This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
Metadata Management: Includes defining and documenting data to ensure the information is captured and available for consumers. Also capturing the data flow through Data Lineage to provide 360 View of Data. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality: Defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This includes Data Profiling, Issue Resolution and Automation of Data Quality rules. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes: Archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and Privacy includes: Managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data: Includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages intermediate data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices. This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed. Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes.
- Participate in and possibly lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in development of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Maintain Information Asset Inventories. Ensure data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Support delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices through documentation, collaboration, and execution of defined processes.
- Maintain metadata repository and proper metadata association.
- Review, validate, and record metadata and data quality information.
- Development of definitions, data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, implementing data quality rule checks, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Documentation and update of data quality corrective action plans.
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
- Manage quality and maintenance of master data as it is created.
- Support archiving and purging activities of data in compliance with legal requirements in partnership with IT.
- Development of archiving and purging strategies and processes in stewardship capacity as needed.
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Manage Data Access security as needed in a steward capacity.
- Support Privacy initiatives through classification, tagging, and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data in accordance to defined policies and processes.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline OR 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 4 years of experience in an information management practice, business application function, or data delivery OR if Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline, 2 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function.
- Intermediate experience following data management practices and theories and utilizing tools to implement data management to address data management risks and concerns.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor and leadership levels.
- Demonstrates skills in understanding and correcting data discrepancies, identifying data anomalies, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- 2 plus years of data and analytics experience (professional or research setting).
- Demonstrable agile project management experience.
- Proficient in coding (e.g. SAS, Python, SQL, etc).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 - $131,400*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Program/Project Management Senior San Antonio, Texas