Information Governance Advisor Senior - Bank (100% Remote Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Information Governance Advisor Senior for the San Antonio Home Office II/III, Tampa Campus or 100% Remote Work Location Available.
The Bank is looking for Information Governance Advisors to engage in the development and implementation of strategies focused on maturing USAA's information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management capabilities. The selected incumbent will support the adoption and enforcement of enterprise data policies, standards and procedures in alignment with industry best practices.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Facilitates and participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Viewed as senior resource in given field for department and/or unit. Provides technical advice to lower-level associates and other functional areas.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Uses data management expertise within one or more data domains or standards across people, process, technologies, audit and risk in the context of the business, to drive adherence to information/data management governance activities, projects and approaches that are compliant with established policies and standards.
- Influences business awareness of information/data governance within a specific data domain through work activities, consulting, and various communication methods within their leadership for business, technology, security, legal, risk, and compliance partners.
- Supports and contributes to information governance guidelines, principles, policies and standard implementations across their data domain, teams, and key stakeholders.
- Highlights recommendations around compliance to information governance solutions through design/governance reviews against internal policies, standards.
- Develops information governance oversight processes and measurement approach for internal policies, standards and capabilities through audits, peer reviews, and monitoring of KRIs and KPIs.
- Supports development of multi-year roadmap and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Applies data domain knowledge to a business, channel, and their application and process to satisfy regulatory and internal requirements related to information governance and data management.
- Contributes to the creation of information governance training content against established learning objectives.
- Prepares and presents gap analysis, education and recommendations in various formats to all levels within their data domain and organization.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying advanced knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes.
- Enables maturity of USAA information governance discipline best practices through participation with the Information Governance community.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Information Technology, Risk, Audit or a related technical field OR 4 years of work experience in Information Governance, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, Information Management or Information Architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting; or Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information Technology or a related technical field with 4 years of experience in Information or Data related practices as noted above.
- 2 years of strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to create and evolve Data Development and Data Engineering processes.
- 2 years operational knowledge of risk management and mitigation frameworks.
- Experience in governance with modern environments, Big Data and traditional DW environments supporting Data Governance and master data management principles and techniques.
- 3 plus years of experience in industry information/data governance best practices and tools.
- 3 plus years of experience implementing and supporting information / data quality tool solutions.
- 3 plus years of experience implementing and supporting meta-data tool solutions.
- 3 plus years of experience using tools to implement and support information / data steward capabilities.
- 3 plus years of experience using Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and Access.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 - $131,400*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.