Information Governance Advisor I
Purpose of JobThe candidate selected for the positions will be working with the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) Information Governance team under USAA’s Enterprise Data Office. This candidate will be involved with ensuring we are carrying out the standards and policies set by the Enteprise and Information Risk Office; working with assigned Information Stewards and Managing Information Stewards within CAO.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Synthesizes key information / data and research in order to recommend information governance initiatives that deliver business value across a single data domain.
- Develops data domain specific information and data governance policies, guidelines, procedures and communications.
- Assists in conducting current assessment of information governance process and tools and proposing recommendations for improvements to peers, community and the next level of leadership.
- Partners with internal groups and/or vendors to maintain complete and accurate meta data information using querying and other system tools to produce required reports and analyze data.
- Anticipates, analyzes, and effectively resolves problems and issues; makes recommendations and identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying a broad-based knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, data domains and their applications and processes across one to many Information Governance standards and data management activities.
- General understanding of risk and compliance principals applied to information governance and data management solutions.
- Operates independently and with peers to execute information governance and data management practices and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Information Technology, Risk, Audit or a related technical field.
- 4 years of work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 4 years of experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, Risk, Audit, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting; or Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information Technology or a related technical field with 2 years of experience in Information or Data related practices as noted above.
- 1 years of related work experience analyzing data governance issues and delivering data management solutions required, including documenting business workflow and managing data quality processes.
- Extensive experience in data quality metrics, business rules and dashboards.
- Knowledge of working with IBM Governance tools
- Knowledge of working with IT organization
- Experience working in Agile environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Information Management Analyst I (MODERNIZATION) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Lead Business Information Architect San Antonio, Texas |
- Manager Senior, Business Intelligence Analytics San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas