Info Security Analyst SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031501 Date posted May. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobInvestigates, analyzes, and responds to suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches within USAA’s environments using a variety of cyber defense tools to identify and mitigate threats. Conducts vulnerability, security configuration, and/or penetration testing assessments of systems and networks and develops and implements solutions for addressing vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits. Stays current with latest information security threats, exploits, trends, and intelligence.
- Researches and analyzes the latest information security vulnerabilities, threats, exploits, trends and intelligence.
- Shares intelligence with peer teams.
- Conducts advanced vulnerability, security configuration, and/or penetration testing assessments and manages the resulting findings.
- Trains analysts in conducting assessments.
- Monitors networks, systems, and applications for complex suspicious behavior (includes Insider Threat), attacks, and security breaches.
- Trains analysts in incident monitoring.
- Responds to cyber incidents, performing detailed analysis using complex security tools to determine root cause and effects.
- Has to use knowledge, understanding, and experience of disparate skills (e.g. networking, servers, coding, etc.) to figure out the malicious actor's tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Trains new analysts in incident response.
- Conducts routine forensic analysis of compromised systems to determine the attack vector and the consequences of the breach.
- Uses the discoveries from the incident response process to make significant and/or complex improvements to the existing detection capabilities, operational processes and security controls.
- Prepares and delivers written and/or verbal briefs including recommendations to senior leadership on latest threats, alerts, incidents, and improvements.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor and coach to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR, 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of related experience in Information Security and/or Information Technology to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Proficient in system administration applied to implementing security policies, standards, and procedures across multiple platforms and applications
- Demonstrated leadership in the technology and process of vulnerability and security configuration assessment and scanning
- Demonstrated leadership in researching emerging cyber threats to understand and present hacker methods and tactics, system vulnerabilities, and indicators of compromise
- Demonstrated leadership of small teams
- Experience with core security applications and systems to include firewall, networking infrastructure, and anti-malware
- Proficient in system administration, scripting, and automation
- Proficient in developing and presenting metrics for vulnerability process and program effectiveness to all levels of management
- Demonstrated leadership in influencing security principles, methodologies, and controls to new and emerging technology
- Experience with public cloud and container technology
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/21/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.