Human Resources Intern- Career Development Program
Here at USAA, you might oversee the product, the process, the project, or all of the above. But no matter what you apply your management skills to, you will always guide your team toward meeting the needs of our valued membership—the men and women who serve us in the military. Come build a meaningful career through leadership and help drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Human Resources Intern- Career Development Program at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Relationship expertise
Here's what our people are saying
“USAA is passionate about our members and those who serve them. Our design and delivery process owner teams are dedicated to providing seamless, repeatable processes which improve employee and member experiences. During my 20-year USAA career, I’ve had the opportunity to support members as an MSR, coach, process engineer and leader. Thank you, USAA,!”
Afrika RayDirector Business Process Consultant (PM)
“At USAA, our Mission and our Member is at the forefront of all we do. I’m blessed to work for an organization that truly does make decisions to better the financial lives of our Military Members.”
Brad HarrisDirector Bank Omnichannel Operations (PM)
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Human Resources Intern- Career Development Program
Purpose of JobUSAA’s 10-week, summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a Fortune 100 company and leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the service of the military community and USAA’s noble mission, interns are immediately part of USAA’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at USAA and gain a career where you can make a difference!
After the completion of the 10-week summer internship and upon selection for the HR Career Development Program, you will enter into a two-year program consisting of three eight-month rotations. The rotations will include time in one of the centers of excellence, the business partnership area and shared services. During these rotations you may work to enhance USAA’s culture, develop new reporting capabilities or in a line of business as an HRBP. This affords you the opportunity to see the dynamic nature and full scope of HR as a partner with the lines of business.
Our 2021 summer internship program will start on May 24, 2021 and last through July 30, 2021. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Assists with the development and implementation of solutions to influence business decisions for relevant CoSA or line(s) of business
- Assists with the development of best in practice solutions to business challenges
- Helps to Identify opportunities to change, enhance, or streamline exiting business programs
- Acts as a functional resource to assure proper compliance with processes and regulatory requirements
- Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned
- Applies foundational functional knowledge to produce work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives
- Manages limited departmental projects and/or participates as a project resource on larger initiatives
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates basic improvements to processes and systems
- Performs routine tasks under direct supervision and within established procedures and guidelines
- May interact with clients for technical requests to understand requirements and limitations in different phases of project lifecycle to include research, testing and implementation
- Pursuing a Master's degree at a 4-year accredited university
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship
Minimum Work Experience:
- 0 to 2 years of related experience and accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks and/or projects required
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Foundational level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Human Resources at a 4-year accredited university
Preferred Work Experience:
- 2 or more years of foundational Human Resources or related experience