FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MID LEVELLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0029409 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer - Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Full Stack software engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Full Stack software engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Full Stack software engineers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third party team members.
- May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in IT
- AND, 4 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience in developing and continuously integrating with tools like GitLab, Gradle and GitLab-CI
- Proficiency in utilizing testing platforms equivalent to qTest, sonarqube, ReadyAPI or SauceLabs
- Container runtime and orchestration through docker, kubernets or openshift
- Application runtime experience with python or JBoss
USAA Software Developers transform analytics to impact our members' experiences. Collectively, we are:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/19/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Director, Information Technology Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Software Engineer- Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Java Engineer with Tokenization/Cryptography - Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- IT Systems Analyst I (Cloud Governance) Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas