Fraud Investigator II (Hybrid Work Available)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We are seeking a talented Fraud Investigator II for either our Phoenix, AZ or San Antonio, TX facility. This person may also work in a Hybrid Work Environment.
Conducts internal or external fraud investigations and files regulatory reports according to legal requirements while ensuring adherence to all applicable deadlines. Completes interviews with internal and external parties. Performs mitigation and remediation activities while utilizing multiple applications and platforms in support of fraud operation activities to alleviate any potential negative impact to members and/or the organization.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Conducts less complex fraud investigations of suspected or known criminal activity, which includes cases of less severity, cases with less member accounts and transactions, or limited to one fraud type.
- Reviews monetary and non-monetary fraud transactions, conducts interviews, and analyzes transaction data to detect fraudulent or unusual patterns and trends in support of the investigative process.
- Performs thorough analysis of evidence; assesses veracity of information compiled, to include documentary materials and results of interviews, to develop investigative conclusions.
- Utilizes knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, applicable laws and regulations, company policies and best practices in the investigative field to organize investigative results,
- Prepares cases for criminal prosecution, obtains and preserves evidence, and presents evidence to appropriate law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
- May provide testimony to the grand jury and trial courts and file regulatory reports as necessary.
- Identifies and partners with tenured Investigators to resolve issues; identifies appropriate issues for escalation such as fraudulent trends, vulnerabilities causing increased fraudulent activity and/or larger than normal losses.
- Serves as a liaison with law enforcement agencies and other institutions to ensure USAA is informed of all relevant potential risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree; OR 4 years of related financial services or federal, state, local, or military law enforcement investigations experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2 years of experience in financial services investment, or financial crimes.
- Basic understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical experience.
- 2+ years of USAA Fraud Investigation Experience
Federal, State, or Local Law Enforcement Experiences
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
1 or more years of experience with Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $46,000.00 - 82,900.00* (this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.