Financial Reporting Analyst I
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Financial Reporting Analyst I for the San Antonio Home Office I or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of the end-to-end delivery of accurate and timely regulatory financial reporting. Performs research and analysis of proposed changes to reports and/or variance drivers as assigned. Supports audits and examinations by preparing supporting work papers and schedules. May assist in the preparation of responses to special surveys and data calls from state and regulatory bodies. Performs peer review of reports prior to management review. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Utilizes broad industry and accounting knowledge in the end-to-end delivery and preparation of moderately complex to complex financial and regulatory reporting requirements to include Bank and Bank Holding Company reporting and / or investment reporting.
- Performs detailed, peer review of Call Report, Risk-Based Capital, Monitoring, Federal Reserve Report (Y reports, TIC reports, etc) in preparation for final review by management.
- Assists with audits, examinations and ad-hoc surveys by coordinating receipt of support from business partners and preparation of supporting work papers and schedules.
- May lead individual components of audits or examinations.
- Researches and provides recommendations regarding changes to reports as assigned, including new line items and updated instructions.
- Responsible for internal controls to ensure proper referencing for peer and management review documentation over owned reports and assignments.
- Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of Bank Holding Company reporting or relevant work experience (ie, regulatory or management reporting for insurance, banking, and/or investments).
- Proficient knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications; Advanced knowledge of data analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration (MBA).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Bank call report experience.
- Bank holding company and broker-dealer regulatory reporting experience.
- Ability to coordinate and work closely with other impacted business units, including the lines of business, legal and compliance.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/14/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Audit Manager - IT Projects San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- AVP, Mortgage Servicing Rights Asset Management San Antonio, Texas
- Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst - Credit Card Portfolio (Remote Work Environment Available) Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director Business Risk and Controls (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - IT Risk Oversight, Real Estate (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas