Experience Owner Lead –Credit Card Acquisition
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Experience Owner Lead –Credit Card Acquisition for either our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, or Plano, TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
As part of the Retail Bank organization, the Credit Card team manages the card products, pricing, acquisition, servicing, and marketing for over 6-million-member accounts. This role is an Individual Contributor that will manage our processes for credit card acquisition.
In this role, you will manage the acquisition process for credit card. Partnering across the organization and leveraging data and insights, the role manages to meet our compliance and risk management goals for new credit card acquisition. You will drive NPS improvements in the acquisition experience as well as manage to P&L new credit card acquisition.
To be successful, you will use prior experience managing a process within a card business. You will know how to manage to member and business outcomes by driving projects, aligning priorities, and championing your work across the Bank. You should also be comfortable working across key stakeholders to drive alignment and business objectives. While prior experience with card plastic delivery and production would be preferred, experience with process management, design, re-engineering, or controls would be considered in lieu of card delivery-specific experience.
Responsible for creating and executing cross-channel experiences and/or Business Deliverables. Understands the business performance of the experience and its financial impact on the business. Responsible for the risk, controls and mitigation strategies for experiences through consistent use and application of existing frameworks and follows documented risk and compliance policies and procedures for all business activities. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures these risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Responsible for financial, regulatory, and operational risk management related to the experience, prioritizing closing any gaps or findings.
- Leads and manages experience life cycle from conception to release, iteration and maintenance, while maintaining and prioritizing a backlog of experience, risk and process improvements to ensure delivery to experience expectations.
- Leverages human-centered design methodology with key stakeholders, partners, and process owners to drive design improvements for end users for high complexity, high risk and highly regulated experiences, processes and/or business deliverables.
- Drives and influences key stakeholders towards a unified experience that serves Members’, Employees and business needs, aligned to strategic outcomes in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), member insights, and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs); ensure correct data and instrumentation for the experience and related processes; uses data to improve experiences.
- Leads Agile management rhythms across the experience taxonomy to drive cohesive decision-making and action.
- Partners with process owners to ensure ongoing documentation and process certification and experience(s) which includes control plans, understanding the tools used in the respective process or experience, identification and measurement of metrics for success and adherence to applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging CoSA and business process risks across all activities and ensures these risks are effectively measured, monitored and controlled.
- Understands acceptable performance limits and establishes and leads management routines and control plans to monitor performance and react accordingly when the process is out of acceptable limits.
- Understands primary regulations commonly applicable to regulated products and services.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience in financial services, product development, marketing, strategy, digital, process, or user experience design OR Master's Degree and 6 years of relevant experience in financial services, product development, marketing, strategy, digital, process or user experience design.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance to include: OCC Heightened Standards, TILA/REG Z, BSA/AML, SCRA/MLA (given our demographic), Reg B, FCRA, UDAAP
- Large bank acquisition application flow experience
- Prior experience in risk management and process management or management of processes including design, controls, re-engineering, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience using data (including defining and implementing reporting) and data mining skills to drive decisions
- Prior experience in a consumer financial services business with a preference for prior P&L / expense and/or process management
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.