Executive, Transformation - Bank
Purpose of JobResponsible for development, oversight, and direction of a portfolio of cross-functional strategic initiatives that align to USAA’s Federal Savings Bank’s business strategic and operational plans. Responsible for translating business strategy into an integrated program plan, influences and provides thoughtful leadership to a team of people leaders responsible for the end-to-end program life cycle to include, negotiating trade-offs, timely execution, and successful implementation and value achievement. Responsible for the development of the department’s operational and strategic direction. Ensures strategies are efficiently and effectively implemented in alignment with business goals.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Accountable for ensuring proper strategic change management is in place for program delivery along with measures for success
- Oversees large key initiatives and serves as an integration point to support complex Bank or Enterprise-wide initiatives
- Leads components of on-going operational planning and may collaborate with other senior leadership or line of business stakeholders across business units
- Ensures participation in the communities for governed Enterprise positions as applicable
- Maintains current awareness of developments, trends, and legal/regulatory changes in the Financial Services industry
- Maintains current awareness of developments, trends on Lean - Agile Operating Models and emerging models in the market
- Oversees the Process and Change Delivery, Business Process Architecture and Agile organizations
- Supports the creation of a clear vision and roadmap for the Bank’s Transformation, working closely with key stakeholders
- Defines and embeds Transformation capabilities (e.g. Lean - Agile), culture, and principles across the Bank, starting with senior leaders
- Ensures appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliant business requirements are delivered and adopted to mitigate risk and remain a compliant company
- Focuses on improvements to identify, address, and correct any areas of operation requiring regulatory and/or compliance attention
- Interacts with Senior Management and regulators on applicable compliance oversight to portfolio of strategic initiatives
- Builds and oversees team of direct and matrixed leaders responsible for the integrated program plan created to deliver the business’ strategic vision
- Responsible for providing employees timely, candid, and constructive performance feedback
- Develops employees to their fullest potential and provides challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth
- Develops the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning
- Recognizes and rewards employee’s accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in program management, process improvement, IT, engineering, consulting for large strategic efforts, or operations within the financial services industry
- 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Deep knowledge of state and federal regulatory issues impacting the financial services industry to include direct experience working with federal and/or state regulators
- Extensive knowledge of Bank regulatory guidance on processes, programs, and operations including demonstrated expertise in Federal Banking Laws and Regulations, to include, but not limited to, 12 CFR 9 - Bank Fiduciary Activities; 12 CFR 25; 12 CFR Part 167; 12 CFR Part 30 Appendix D – OCC Heightened Standards; and Annual Stress Test 12 CFR Part 46 OCC: 12 CFR Part 30 and all Appendices (A through E)
- Strong understanding and experience with strategic change management
- Recent experience translating complex business strategy and vision into an executable business process and technology plan and successfully delivering in a matrixed environment. Full life cycle experience managing strategic and operational programs
- Experience delivering member or customer facing capabilities in a complex multi-channel, multi-product, integrated system environment
- Extensive experience presenting information and building relationships with other executive management and Board of Director stakeholders
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Excellent understanding and application of project management principles
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $155,400 - $279,800
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
Stipend: As an EMG Member, you will receive an annual stipend (amounts determined by level) which will be paid in quarterly installments.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Program/Project Management Senior San Antonio, Texas