Executive, Regulatory Relations
Purpose of JobUSAA is seeking a strong and motivated Leader to join the Regulatory Relations function of the Chief Legal Office. Regulatory Relations provides a broad range of strategic and tactical management of regulatory agency relationships. Responsibilities include promoting clear and consistent internal and external communications, identifying emerging regulatory issues, and assisting in the development and implementation of management’s strategy concerning regulatory matters. Regulatory Relations oversees critical regulatory processes including the examination lifecycle, remediation and clearance of examination findings and ad hoc regulatory requests. This executive position will develop and lead a team that have recurring interactions with regulators, be an effective communicator, and develop strong working relationships across USAA including the Risk, Compliance, Chief Legal Office, IT and CFO functional areas. Objectives include providing leadership and oversight of effective regulatory examination outcomes and the coordination and management of relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a dedicated regulatory advisor to a portfolio of senior leaders and/or functional areas
- Plays a key role in the development and implementation of the overall regulatory strategy across USAA Enterprise
- Develops and maintains relationships with key business line and risk management partners and regulatory agency personnel
- Fosters knowledge sharing, identifies regulatory themes, and ensures the consistency of messaging in briefings/presentations
- Sets the strategy on implementation of industry best practices for regulatory examination management and information requests for the functional area they support
- Partners with regulators to ensure they have access to the people and information they require to discharge their supervisory responsibilities with respect to USAA exams and other related supervisory activities
- Ensures effective communication (oral and written) of insights on USAA-specific regulatory engagement issues, in addition to broader regulatory industry-wide issues/themes
- Directs and oversees the tracking, coordination and review of stakeholder responses to questions and information requests received from regulators, ensuring timely delivery and escalating when needed
- Oversees regulatory relations activities in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of relevant work experience to include serving as a regulator or interfacing with regulators
- 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Subject-matter-expertise on laws and regulations applicable to large financial institutions (e.g. OCC Heightened Standards, FFIEC Handbooks and Guidance)
- Executive level thought leadership on relevant industry regulations, risk management, and compliance, with the ability to consult and provide insight and guidance
- Demonstrated ability to interface with the most senior leaders to provide effective guidance and regulatory expertise
- Subject-matter-expertise in the development and communication of complex materials both verbally and in writing considering the appropriate audience
- Experience building, enhancing and/or maintaining an effective regulatory operating model
- Proven expertise in leading and developing teams responsible for supporting regulatory interactions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results that meet heightened regulatory expectations
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with numerous senior level stakeholders, highly dependent on clear communication and accurate data
- Expert knowledge of significant regulatory expectations applicable to financial institutions
- Experience in regulatory expectations for IT and BSA/AML
- Experience in leading teams faced with substantial change management challenges
- Demonstrated experience attracting, developing, and retaining individuals with requisite risk and regulatory capabilities
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $155,400 - $279,800
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
Stipend: As an EMG Member, you will receive an annual stipend (amounts determined by level) which will be paid in quarterly installments.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.