Executive Operational Planning ManagerLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0037692 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
Responsible for providing support to the senior-most Company/Staff Agency (CoSA) leaders through the interpretation of business operations and/or Centers of Excellence (CoE) analyses and initiatives, and the development of appropriate action plans and responses to address business issues and / or compliance and regulatory issues. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans to achieve success within key results areas. Acts as liaison between business operations, both within and across CoSAs, enterprise CoEs and the CoSA staff member. Responsible for ensuring appropriate leaders, tools, and measures are in place to establish and sustain best-in-class performance.
We are currently seeking a talented Executive Operational Planning Manager for the San Antonio Home Office I.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Defines and sets objectives and content of messages to be communicated in concert with the Executive Council member's guidance, corporate mission and objectives, as well as the objectives of employee, member, and public communications.
- Evaluates the relevance of messages for intended audience and ensures consistency and accuracy.
- Provides advice and guidance,and negotiates approval of communication materials with executive management and subject-matter experts prior to securing final approval from the Executive Council member.
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance and content and that all logistical requirements are satisfied.
- Provides communications support to senior leadership for Board, strategic or operational planning events, monthly business meetings, and / or compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information.
- Holds responsibility for coordination of all EC and Board driven requirements.
- Provides oversight and support to project teams in development and implementation of employee CoSA events and business conferences.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant business or industry experience.
- Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced ability to build strong relationships and to work with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Demonstrated capability to navigate in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Communication design or graphic design experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Corporate Governance experience
- Workforce and budget reconciliation experience
- Project/program management experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Technical Writer Midlevel - Mortgage Banking San Antonio, Texas
- Audit Professional Practices - Board Reporting Executive Operational Planning Director San Antonio, Texas
- Audit Operations and Planning Executive San Antonio, Texas