Executive, Managing Attorney-Deposits and Money MovementLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0030037 Date posted Mar. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobIncumbents in this position assist the Chief Legal Officer, Senior Managing Attorney(s), or Managing Attorney(s) in executing legal responsibilities. Provide legal counsel and advice on products, services, and legal actions to operating areas; prepare and review legal contracts and documents; and conduct legal research. May represent the organization in legal actions.
Serves as chief counsel to one or more direct reports to and Executive Council member, and is responsible for managing the legal services provided to their organizations.
Advises Line of Business and Enterprise leaders on all aspects of their respective practice area as well as Enterprise initiatives, regulatory, management and board governance, financial and holding company matters (as appropriate).
Manages and professionally develops a team of lawyers and legal professionals Sets the agenda, builds high-performance teams and sells the vision.
Ensures training and coaching of employees, and provides the team with development opportunities.
As a member of the Practice Area Management team, engages in continuous planning to ensure effective and efficient processes and resources to support client needs, including building effective business cases to support resource needs and managing the hiring process.
Actively maintains an understanding of developments in the external industry, regulatory and litigation environments to ensure an outside-in view in support of the legal trusted advisor role.
Acts as Officer in Charge (OIC) and backup to the General Counsel; providing counsel directly to the Executive Council member and his/her direct reports when required.
As a member of the CLO leadership team, actively identifies and addresses the integration of other line of business and enterprise matters with those of the Chief Legal Office.
May serve as lead of teams supporting enterprise initiatives.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
- 10 or more years of progressive related experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment required.
- 6 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Expertise in laws and regulations related to deposit accounts and money movement including Electronic Funds Transfer Act/Regulation E, NACHA Rules, Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code, E-SIGN Act, Expedited Funds Availability Act/Regulation CC, Federal Reserve Act/Regulation D, Truth in Savings Act/Regulation DD; Federal and State Unfair, Deceptive, and Abusive Acts and Practices laws (UDAAP) and Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC.
- Knowledge of payment systems, networks, wire transfers and emerging payment and technology (including person-to-person and mobile payments).
- Experience responding to bank regulators re bank examinations, MRAs and enforcement actions.