Executive Director, HR Business Partner
Purpose of JobUSAA is seeking an Executive Human Resources Business Partner to drive transformational change at the Bank. This executive will be the primary focal point for Human Resources (HR) to senior executive business leaders. Leads a team of business partners and matrixed staff of HR professionals responsible for identifying and aligning HR strategies to contribute to the success of one or more sub-functions of a line of business or staff agency. Responsible for effectively driving strategic organizational change that may influence long-term business objectives. Represents the full spectrum of HR functions, programs, and processes within a business or function. Shapes and leads the adoption of options that achieve business goals or visions while considering factors such as cost, benefits and risks.
- Manages Human Resources for functional area leaders and by providing leadership, guidance and oversight on related strategies, policies, issues, and initiatives impacting HR and the Enterprise
- Provides direction to Human Resource Business Partners on business strategy, workforce planning and policy interpretation to include risk mitigation and compliance of all regulatory and legal requirements
- Ensures collaboration with key business leaders and senior management in the development of business strategy
- Anticipates future business needs, assesses changing workforce and business directions, analyzes emerging trends, and seeks opportunities to develop or expand programs in support of strategic business objectives
- Partners with key business leaders and senior management in the development of business strategy. Influences and drives organizational change strategies for functional business area(s) in support of business strategies
- Provides HR expertise and consultation to attain increased organizational effectiveness
- Helps executives lead change and achieve business objectives.
- Provides change management facilitation to include assessment/diagnosis, detailed action planning, evaluation, implementation, and follow-up
- Provides guidance, direction and coaching to senior leadership surrounding effective communication, leadership, change management, legal and risk compliance while improving and maintaining operational goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in the Human Resources discipline, or general business consulting experience, or business leadership, or any combination of the aforementioned
- 4+ years direct leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Deep understanding of the HR body of knowledge, its functions and related methodologies
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of business management fundamentals including financial management, marketing, and operations; knows “how business runs”
- Proven experience leading large scale organizational change
- Experience with HR analytics and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR programs to include compensation, talent & performance management
- Ability to support multiple business clients within the organization
- 5+ years supporting SVP and C-suite level executives