Executive Director, Bank Disputes Operations
Purpose of JobResponsible for implementing policies, strategies, and operational guidelines within Bank Operations. Ensures compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and introduces procedural changes to maintain control standards while ensuring that all transactions are processed in a timely risk mitigating manner. Leads implementation and change management efforts across Bank Operations and extended Enterprise Support Groups. Champions process excellence and ownership within Bank Operations, manages using key performance indicators, leads investment decisions, develops high-performing teams, and advocates the USAA mission throughout the Enterprise.
This role will lead a Disputes Operations organization. Responsible for implementing policies, strategies, and operational guidelines within Bank Operations. Ensures compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and introduces procedural changes to maintain control standards while ensuring that all transactions are processed in a timely risk mitigating manner. Leads implementation and change management efforts across Bank Operations and extended Enterprise Support Groups. Champions process excellence and ownership within Bank Operations, manages using key performance indicators, leads investment decisions, develops high-performing teams, and advocates the USAA mission throughout the Enterprise.
- Overseeing & managing large Bank Operations
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages risk, compliance, and control issues and implements actions for mitigation to potential risk issues and business impact.
- Leads day-to-day operations of designated area within Bank Operations and directs subordinate leaders responsible for ensuring that operations are efficient in terms of resources and effective in terms of meeting member experience and organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Directs the implementation of operating strategies, policies and procedures aimed at achieving operating effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Identifies opportunities, recommends solutions, and facilitates improvements to processes and systems which streamline internal/external business processes and align resources accordingly.
- Directs organizational, workflow and process analysis and change management activities based on business requirements.
- Leads complex Bank and enterprise projects, programs and committees. Develops project plans and deliverables, and champions changes in order to eliminate roadblocks to successful implementation. Prepares and conducts project and program briefings to all levels of management.
- Leads internal and external third-party providers with focus on key performance indicators, service level expectations, compliance and risk management.
- Establishes and maintains performance metrics, taking corrective action and directing the implementation of solutions to bring process performance to the next level keeping the balance between providing an outstanding member experience and managing expenses.
- Stays abreast of current market economic conditions, industry and regulatory development and trends, and competitors. Applies that knowledge to develop and implement operational strategies and make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Builds high-performing teams and secures support for the Bank Operations vision. Motivates and inspires leadership team (direct reports) composed of skilled professionals. Mentors and provides team members with training, coaching and development opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 10 years of progressive related experience developing bank operations’ strategies, managing major bank initiatives and delivering results aligned to key performance indicators.
- 4 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams.
- Experience in sales management within a financial services industry demonstrating successful operational goals.
- Extensive experience in compliance of Federal Banking Laws and Regulations such as OCC Heightened Standards, Fair Lending Laws, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Information Security Program, Reg E, Reg CC and Reg D.
- Experience in communicating and reinforcing risk appetite and risk tolerance.
- Experience related to bank operations and technology supporting banking functions.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory issues impacting the financial services industry.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance, to include: OCC Heightened Standards, REG E, UDAAP/UDAP.
- 8 years of Dispute Operations experience in large organizations & environments
- High-tech acumen working in conjunction with IT partners performing large implementations
- Hands-on experience in execution-based roles
- Experience in a highly-matrixed corporate environment
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 - $243,500
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.