Executive, Compliance - Policies and ProceduresLocation San Antonio, Texas | Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033225 Date posted May. 14, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobManages the ongoing preparation, testing and monitoring of compliance with government regulations and regulatory agencies through oversight of governance documents (e.g. policies, standards and procedures) for the organization. Directs and performs evaluation of internal operations, controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation as related to regulatory compliance and recommends appropriate changes. Reviews and evaluates results of internal and external audits and advises organization on appropriate actions to be taken. Engages with regulatory agencies related to policy, standards, and procedures activities. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Directly manages individual contributors and/or people managers within a sub-functional team.
- Performs workload management and prioritization duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Demonstrates executive level thought leadership, strategy development, and operational planning.
- Applies subject matter expert functional knowledge to lead subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Leads broad functional projects.
- Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs highly complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves in an executive leadership capacity and has responsibility for performance management and professional development activities for subordinate workers.
- Bachelor's degree required. (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 10 or more years of progressive related experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment required.
- 4 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required to include familiarity with financial institution risk functions such as regulatory, operational risk, reputational risk, and others.
- Experience designing, implementing, and sustaining a policy/procedure program at a large, complex financial institution.
- Extensive risk management and regulatory compliance expertise advising on governance document expectations as well as experience
- Broad experience with a variety of policy management systems (e.g. MetricStream, Archer)
- Familiarity with multiple industries such as banking, property/casualty insurance, investments or other areas.
- Proven ability to motivate and cultivate diverse talent.