Executive, Bank Member Experience and Complaints
Purpose of JobThe VP, Bank Complaints and Member Experience is accountable for the Bank Complaint, Bank Member Satisfaction, and Reputation Risk programs through monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of risk management practices. They are responsible for leading and achieving the development and implementation of an overall Bank member experience strategy for USAA Bank Omnichannel to ensure the continued evolution of best in class member experience utilizing member feedback data analytics, external benchmarking services, and partnering with enterprise service and quality teams.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Provides oversight for the Bank Complaints Management process by leading the execution of bank risk management framework, organization structure, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Develop and execute the Bank Complaints operating strategies, Bank member experience strategic roadmap, policies, and procedures aimed at achieving operational effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance all while adhering to applicable bank regulatory requirements
- Develop multiyear technology roadmap and portfolio to ensure continued evolution of complaint servicing
- Identify current state governance structure, conduct gap analysis, lead the formulation and implementation of a robust governance process for complaints management state based on regulatory requirements and best practices to include automation of technology advancements and reporting capabilities
- Facilitates the execution of process improvements, member service improvements, technology transformation initiatives and priorities that align with the bank business strategy; Ensure system enhancements are aligned with the needs of management reporting
- Validates accurate complaint data reporting/analysis and responsible for presenting value -based interpretation to the Bank President, Board of Directors, senior executives, CEO, Executive Council and senior management on member trends, reputational risks, action plans and resolution
- Oversees the timely and accurate responses, resolutions and tracking of consumer and regulatory complaints
- Monitors changes in the regulatory environments, industry trends and provides support, guidance, and communicates findings to the wider business
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of progressive member advocacy, member satisfaction or complaint resolution and experience developing strategies, managing major process/operational initiatives, and delivering results to optimize the customer/member experience through the use of data and analytics
- 8 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required
- 10 years of experience with banking products and services, banking operations, risk and regulatory compliance requirements, banking laws and their impact
- 8 years leading critical work related to developing or evolving Risk Governance Frameworks or Compliance Management Framework under a heightened regulatory environment
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and application of risk management and compliance framework and guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of the OCC Large Bank Supervision Handbook and the CFPB Consumer Protection regulations and how they guide outcomes related to Risk Governance Frameworks, Member Experience, and Complaints
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $178,700 - $321,800
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
Stipend: As an EMG Member, you will receive an annual stipend (amounts determined by level) which will be paid in quarterly installments.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Quality Assurance Advisor Lead - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Quality Assurance Advisor I - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Executive Assistant – Retail Banking San Antonio, Texas
- Executive Operational Planning Advisor (Bank Committee Recorder) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Manager, Quality Assurance - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida