Executive, Bank Digital/Technical Product Manager (Strategy)
Purpose of JobResponsible for leading a digital/technology team focused on defining, managing and delivering digital/technology member experiences and capabilities across the Line of Business and Enterprise ecosystem: all platforms and related software programs. Plans, organizes, and controls the day-to-day digital/technology l delivery activities, collaborates with cross-functional stake holders and partners, and coordinates activities in a secure, stable, yet nimble environment, commensurate with the best interest of members and employees. Responsible for translating business priorities into digital/technology solutions by collaborating with senior leaders and internal stakeholders in enterprise digital/technology, marketing and the line of business product with the end goal of deploying innovative solutions. Responsible for successful execution of the Digital/Technology Strategy, goals and yearly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s). Effectively maintains, builds and delivers improved member experiences through well-defined digital journeys using voice of member feedback, member satisfactions scores (MSAT) and data.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Accountable for implementing a data and insights-driven strategic line of business digital/technology capabilities and experience roadmap
- Partners with and influences key stakeholders, including Enterprise Digital and IT, to support the line of business digital strategy and roadmap
- Partners across the linen of business to produce required channel activity reporting and properly monitors expected/planned activity
- Translates and implements action plans resulting from trends, offers insights and activity findings for specific digital/technology scope
- Leads a team focused on defining and delivering innovative digital/technology capabilities and experiences for assigned line of business digital platforms and channels in support of evolving member and business needs
- Ensures performance and reliability of the digital/technology strategy and roadmap, ensuring all key performance & risk indicators and objectives & key results are within expectations
- Builds and sustains relationships with business stakeholders to identify and respond to changing business and/or member needs
- Ensures operational risk controls are in place in accordance with company or regulatory standards and policies
- Builds and manages a high performing team of analytical digital/technology professionals through recruiting, training, coaching, performance management, and related managerial activities
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of progressive related digital/technology product experience in product acquisition, deepening and servicing experience in a digital/technology environment developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment
- 4 years of people leadership experience in building, leading, managing and/or developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute both strategic and tactical digital efforts related to the development and management of new products/product enhancements and leverage and influence leadership, and cross-functional teams to develop and execute product strategy
- Solid business acumen combined with strong digital and customer experience foundations
- Outstanding people management abilities, creates and sustains environment to succeed.
Proven leadership and ability to influence at all levels of management as well as operate as effective change agent to achieve strategic goals
- Advanced facilitation, collaboration and consensus building skills, with extensive experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to executive leadership, driving accountability and sense of urgency
- Demonstrates and maintains in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations / laws impacting the organization’s risk management framework, governance, standards, capabilities and risk strategy across all lines of business
- Experience working with Agile delivery/development organizations.
Executive level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a large financial institution ($100 billion +), including 5+ years post-Dodd Frank
- 5+ years of developing or delivering digital strategy(s)/planning to stay competitive in the marketplace and industry
- 3+ years identifying or developing new digital capabilities and technologies to bring products and/or services to market digitally
- Proven experience defining, developing and documenting digital policies, processes, standards, procedures and controls applicable to laws and regulations and to the strategic imperatives of the organization
- Proven experience in analytics and reporting for an organization, developing, managing and reporting on organization overall KPIs and KRIs dashboard
- Proven experience in managing or supporting online customer feedback and satisfaction to identify and build strategies to improve the customer’s end to end experiences
- MBA preferred
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 - $243,500
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.