Executive, Bank Digital Operations and Strategic Initiatives
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobResponsible for leading a newly created function within the Bank Digital team, leading operational aspects to ensure proper support including (but not limited to) change management, business support, and issue management/burndown. The responsible leader will be responsible for managing the day-to-day digital activities to ensure business objectives are being met, and connectivity with cross-functional stakeholders, including key alignment is achieved. The role will have a heavy emphasis in translating business objectives/needs into a digestible narrative for the broader digital team. A heavy emphasis on networking, and influencing business partners will also remain a critical part of the job function – as the team looks to enhance processes, including the introduction of automation to certain job functions. This role will also be responsible for ensuring KPI’s and KRI’s are managed appropriately, and that the right metrics are being leveraged to measure business objectives, and success.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities
- Accountable for implementing a data and insights-driven strategic line of business digital/technology capabilities and experience roadmap. Partners with and influences key stakeholders, including Enterprise Digital and IT, to support the line of business digital strategy and roadmap
- Partners across the linen of business to produce required channel activity reporting and properly monitors expected/planned activity
- Translates and implements action plans resulting from trends, offers insights and activity findings for specific digital/technology scope
- Leads a team focused on defining and delivering innovative digital/technology capabilities and experiences for assigned line of business digital platforms and channels in support of evolving member and business needs
- Ensures performance and reliability of the digital/technology strategy and roadmap, ensuring all key performance & risk indicators and objectives & key results are within expectations
- Builds and sustains relationships with business stakeholders to identify and respond to changing business and/or member needs
- Ensures operational risk controls are in place in accordance with company or regulatory standards and policies
- Builds and manages a high performing team of analytical digital/technology professionals through recruiting, training, coaching, performance management, and related managerial activities
- Bachelor’s Degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 10 years of progressive related digital/technology product experience in product acquisition, deepening and servicing experience in a digital/technology environment developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment
- 4 years of people leadership experience in building, leading, managing and/or developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute both strategic and tactical digital efforts related to the development and management of new products/product enhancements and leverage and influence leadership, and cross-functional teams to develop and execute product strategy
- Solid business acumen combined with strong digital and customer experience foundations
- Outstanding people management abilities, creates and sustains environment to succeed
- Proven leadership and ability to influence at all levels of management as well as operate as effective change agent to achieve strategic goals
- Advanced facilitation, collaboration and consensus building skills, with extensive experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to executive leadership, driving accountability and sense of urgency
- Demonstrates and maintains in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations / laws impacting the organization’s risk management framework, governance, standards, capabilities and risk strategy across all lines of business
- Experience working with Agile delivery/development organizations
- Executive level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- Fully proficient in agile methodology and digital product management
- Experience in managing digital platforms, which include mobile, online, and acquisition
- Proven experience in working with cross functional, highly matrixed teams, and ability to deliver in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to clearly communicate problem statements, and focus on end-to-end delivery
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $155,400 - $279,800
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.