Enterprise TPRM Risk Executive
Purpose of Job** This role will be located in San Antonio, one of our regional offices, or remote with frequent travel to Texas. **
This Executive will lead the second line independent oversight and challenge of the TPRM function at USAA. The Executive ensures that operational risks are being proactively and effectively identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored, and reported to the Enterprise senior leadership. Ensures the business team adheres to the USAA’s Operational Risk Framework and Procedures as well as Enterprise Operational Risk Guidelines.
The Executive serves as key advisor responsible for recognizing and reporting strategic and aggregate risks across the business while advancing the Enterprise Risk Management function for aggregation, quantification, and qualification of risks. The Executive will have exposure to boards and members of executive council and will be responsible for the aggregation and reporting of risks to senior leadership, in addition to working with those same individuals to effectively assess and influence business decisions and direction. Partners with other officers within the Chief Risk Office organization to influence and set strategy for advancement of the risk management framework. In doing so, this individual will set direction for a multitude of risk management programs and oversee the delivery of those programs across the line of business.
- Serves as a key advisor engaging in senior leaders’ strategy discussions, real-time evaluations of risks, and effective challenge to ensure safety and soundness of the business and accomplishment of objectives.
- Establishes a best-in-class Risk Management framework to ensure comprehensive oversight and management of risks across the full risk taxonomy. Ensures the risk aligns within appetites tolerances and strategic goals, product plans, forecasts, and adjusts to variances.
- Leads a team of employees dedicated to managing risk and overall strategy, in alignment with a strong effective risk governance and oversight.
- Sets the agenda, builds diverse high-performing teams, and sells the vision. Ensures training and coaching of employees and provides the team with development opportunities.
- Establishes a long-term view of how risk systems should be adapted and integrated to maximize the ability to manage risk in an environment shaped by regulatory change and disruptive, emerging technologies.
- Ensures effective and appropriate policies, procedures, and controls are in place supporting all risk processes, systems, strategies, and implementations.
- Establishes trust and rapport with senior business leaders to sustain oversight of the second line risk role.
- Partners with the senior risk executives in managing overall risk appetite to include the identification and definition of key methods, metrics, and limits.
- Partners across Risk Management, Finance, and the business while effectively challenging variances to plan and strategies to mitigate. Provides advice to other key business partners and drive key decisions assessing risk and reward through effective challenge.
- Actively engages line of business leaders to ensure all risks are appropriately addressed consistent with policy and the Risk Appetite. Interacts & engages with all product & channel leaders on complex, multi-product processes and procedures while factoring in all legal & regulatory requirements.
- Liaises with Compliance and CLO on legal & regulatory considerations that impact business operations and product offerings in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Liaises with Compliance and CLO to influence sound governance structure for oversight of risks and business operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 years of experience at a large financial institution developing and implementing an enterprise-wide risk management program that adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations.
- 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams.
- In-depth knowledge of risk frameworks including risk governance; risk appetite; process, risk and control analysis; control effectiveness measurement; risk management coverage plan (monitoring, assessment and testing).
- Demonstrated ability to influence at senior levels within an organization.
- Proven capability to communicate effectively across the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex analyses to a non-technical audience.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Large financial institution (banking or insurance) and/or consultancy experience in 3rd Party Risk or Relationship Mgmt; exposure to multiple disciplines a plus, i.e. due diligence, contracting, performance, sunsetting.
- Large financial institution proficiency with risk oversight through audit, QA/QC, compliance, risk mgmt, or 3rd party relationship ownership
- Working knowledge of relevant consumer banking regulations.
- Leadership experience in developing and evaluating risk analytics (ex: KRIs, RAMs), with a strong ability to draw intelligence from raw data.
- Significant accomplishments building and leading risk programs to address regulatory issues, especially consent orders.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is $178,700- $321,800.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based.
Stipend: As an EMG Member, you will receive an annual stipend (amounts determined by level) which will be paid in quarterly installments.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
- Director, Audit - Fraud and Central Operations San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Business Risk and Controls San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Real Estate Processor (Work at Home) Tampa, Florida | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy Analyst I--Bank Omnichannel Sales & Service Performance (Remote work location available) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida