Director, Supervision and Controls - BankingLocation San Antonio, Texas | Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0035232 Date posted Jul. 09, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThis position supports the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation.
- Responsible for the oversight of supervision functions of the first line business units.
- Works to ensure that adherence to the USAA ethical standards are met. Serves as supervision advisor to designated business partners and executives.
- Engages key risk and compliance stakeholders to help support initiatives for assigned business unit and affiliate oversight efforts.
- Implements process improvements and regulatory changes that will enable expense reduction and effective risk management compliance.
- Provides counsel to assigned business unit managers on risk and compliance issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on their impact to USAA’s risk profile.
- Directs audit and exam preparedness including data collection and standard responses for applicable front-line business units.
- Participate in risk management programs as needed including new activity risk assessments, RCSAs, Risk Appetite documentation, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring risk metrics and triggers are set appropriately to monitor risk appetites and operating within the enterprise risk governance framework.
- Utilizes or provides input into dashboard reporting for the team to effectively illustrate any issues, trends, and patterns with providing recommendations for improvement. Responsible for adhering to established risk escalation processes.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of supervision professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years’ experience beyond the minimum required
- 8 or more years experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry
- 6 or more years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 3+ years experience supporting bank systems analysis i.e. demand deposits, credit/debit cards, consumer loans
- 3+ years experience supporting bank transaction processing
- 3+ years experience supporting third party suppliers
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst I San Antonio, Texas |
- Audit Manager - Bank Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas