Director, Real Estate Lending Operational Governance
Purpose of JobThis role has a Work from home option.
Responsible for implementing, maintaining and overseeing a comprehensive operational governance program across assigned areas of responsibility within Real Estate. Program coverage includes all applicable risk categories (i.e. Operational, Compliance, Legal, Reputations, etc.), as outlined by USAA’s Risk Taxonomy and must align with Enterprise and Bank Standards and Policies. Responsible for leading a team of highly skilled professionals who execute risk management activities and support key BCC initiatives such as: risk assessments, quality assurance reviews, regulatory compliance reporting, issue and exam management, remediations and oversight activities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Determines the effectiveness of Real Estate’s risk and compliance programs through risk assessments and testing to maintain full compliance in a changing regulatory environment.
- Evaluates business process changes and advises management of impact to regulatory and operational risk.
- Recommends action plans for Bank initiatives that have risk and regulatory impact related to Real Estate, including third party and fourth party.
- Coordinates and works effectively with all lines of defense.
- Stays abreast of risk and regulatory compliance changes that impact internal and external business initiatives.
- Works with stakeholders to manage internal audits and assessments and regulatory examinations.
- Accountable for identifying, managing, and communicating USAA’s issues management standards.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 years of in-depth experience in either Real Estate or 8 years risk management or compliance within financial services.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- 4 years of experience overseeing or delivering work product in a highly regulatory and controlled environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank regulatory laws such as Reg Z, UDAAP, Fair Lending, etc.
- Experience providing feedback to matrix leaders regarding work product results and improvements.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Extensive experience in Real Estate Servicing for both Mortgage and Home Equity.
- Vendor Management Experience.
- Experience in legal and regulatory applicability reviews for State, Federal and Investor regulations.
- Experience with regulatory agencies such as the OCC and CFPB.
- Experience in risk and compliance specific to Real Estate Servicing for both Mortgage and Home Equity.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 - $243,500.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/28/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- AVP, Business Risk and Controls - Human Resources San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance Risk Manager Lead-Life Insurance Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Reporting Analyst Senior Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Compliance Risk Management-Legal Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Bank Credit Risk Lead San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida