Director, Quality Assurance
Purpose of JobLeads a team responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance programs and ensures effective and efficient policies, processes, and procedures are aligned and followed. Conducts quality reviews and delivers results to appropriate stakeholders and develops action plans for success. Provides oversight to ensure quality standards are established in accordance with internal practices, risk and compliance policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements for Quality Management.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Directs, leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and day-to-day planning and execution of Quality Management processes and procedures.
- Ensures objectives align with operational process, regulatory, risk and compliance goals to effectively contribute to the mission of USAA and to protect USAA's brand and reputation.
- Advises senior leadership on issues and assists with Quality strategy development for operations/CoSA/affiliate partners.
- Maintains and applies expert knowledge of the business, member service components and operational processes.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with stakeholders and control/business/affiliate partners.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork and goal achievement.
- Performs complex/unique work assignments and problem resolution within CoSA and Enterprise projects.
- Serves as the Quality subject matter expert and/or liaison with control partners to ensure documents, projects, processes and initiatives comply with regulatory/legal requirements and Enterprise/internal policy.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Minimum Work Experience:
- 8 or more years progressive operations or process experience.
- 4 years of quality assurance, control or quality improvement experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory laws and best practices.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience with any of the 10 largest financial institutions
- SME level with AML/BSA/Sanctions
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 $211,700 *(this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Application Development Executive San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Director, Information Security San Antonio, Texas
- Intelligent Automation/Infrastructure Engineer - Lead level San Antonio, Texas
- Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Cloud Security Engineer (GCP) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas