Director, Program/Project Management (Remote Work Location Available)
Purpose of JobLeads and motivates cross-functional teams to execute internal multiple, moderately complex non-IT Enterprise work efforts supporting strategic and operational plans. Oversees and manages priorities, budget, and continuous planning cycle activities. Plans, directs, leads and manages resources (FTE and CNE) in optimizing cross-business integration of work efforts and supporting business and procurement processes to meet member needs as defined in the requirements. Ensures execution or efforts is aligned and integrated with corporate strategies, plans and initiatives.
For related project experience to be considered outside of a Program/Project Management title, please include a project list of all program/project management experience. The project list should include: project summary, role, project timeframe, and percentage of time dedicated to the project (i.e. March 2018 – May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this documentation may result in disqualification.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Drives and oversees teams responsible for implementation of multiple, project initiatives that may require enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Manages and coordinates operational planning efforts related to cross-business integration of the work efforts.
- Consults with senior and executive management and serves as a liaison to internal and external partners on department and enterprise strategies.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Provides advice and guidance and negotiates approval of communication materials with executive management and Subject-Matter-Experts.
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance and content and that all logistical requirements are satisfied.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information.
- Applies expert knowledge of work efforts management to ensure efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured timeline and are delivered on-schedule and within budget, including dashboard monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance methods.
- Monitors the team’s work efforts and deliverables and ensures team is following and adhering to risk management frameworks; assists with early warning detection, problem triage, solution development and implementation.
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains relationships with senior level executives.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensures work efforts plan (or equivalent) is created and achieves intended outcome.
- Defines and controls the overall delivery of work efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Manages work efforts deliverables to control work efforts scope.
- Establishes overall work efforts cadence for communication with impacted stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s) communication plans.
- Facilitates, sequencing, prioritization and scheduling for work efforts or epic (and supporting work).
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective management.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization in compliance with USAA’s Change Management framework.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years relevant experience in project or program management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience providing leadership and management oversight, including planning, organizing, and evaluating work and managing the budgetary process, including performing long-range financial planning.
- Experience on project and program management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and Agile).
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables including dependencies across organizations.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- SAFe Agilist Certification.
- 6+ years of experience working with IT programs/projects
- Experience with system modernization/integration
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/28/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Program/ Project Management I San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Advisor I - Fraud Investigation & Recovery San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Support Analyst Lead - Credit Card (Network Relationship Management) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Support Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Business Support Analyst Senior-Compliance Risk Management, Policy Governance Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas