Director Program Manager
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are looking for two (2) Director, Program Managers. Both positions will be people managers.
This group is responsible for Adaptive Planning and Transformation to help future proof Omnichannel. The team develops the strategic roadmap, manages the agile planning process and is responsible for transforming key capabilities including the IVR, Integrated Messaging, Chat, contact routing and MSR technologies. The Innovation team also tests, evaluates, and integrates new and emerging capabilities to improve the member/employee experience and reduce friction.
Leads and manages resources for efficient and effective program management. Responsible for development and integration of multiple business programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Responsible for departmental program oversight to include assigning individual program manager responsibilities and identifying and resolving appropriate business plan and integration issues.
These positions are mapped Hybrid, so you ideally will live within commuting distance of a USAA office. However, will consider outside of those areas.
Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Charlotte, North Carolina
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Remote (Work from home)
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for communicating with program executive, senior and functional area management across USAA to plan and execute the departmental program and ensure the effectiveness of the program organization.
- Responsible for managing the overall program road map and priorities, budget and benefits
- Mentors Program Managers in developing business strategies, identifying benefits and defining alternatives across departmental programs and across USAA programs.
- Manages multi-million-dollar complex, strategic programs/ portfolios.
- Manages organization wide efforts to include facilitation, process, program and organizational improvements.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices and provides coaching and training to program managers.
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains relationships with senior level executives. Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required)
- Adheres to governance rigor required for work effort
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization in compliance with USAA’s Change Management framework.
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years project and/or program management experience, including experience defining a new program and/or managing large scale projects.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience in program management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of program management methodology and techniques; program performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and reporting on large cost project/program budgets.
- Strong business acumen and/or demonstrated learning agility to quickly increase business expertise.
- Banking or other Financial Services industry
- Experience with Enterprise PMO processes, standards, and systems
- Experience with transformational Omni-Channel operations such as digital, contact centers, conversational IVR, integrated messaging chat, or other containment technologies
- Experience with risk governance processes
The above description reflects the details considered vital to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700 * (this does not include geographic differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.