Director, Product Management – Overdraft and Fee Income
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Product Management – Overdraft and Fee Income for either our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
The Director, Product Management – Overdraft and Fee Income leads 4 to 6 individual contributors on the Funds Availability team in the Deposits Product Line. Responsibilities include end to end experience ownership, P&L management, and strategy design and implementation for all deposit fees to include Overdraft/Non-Sufficient Funds and Service Charge fees. This role is expected to define a forward-looking member-centric experience that creates solutions to help with the financial security of our members while ensuring the safety and soundness of the business.
Manages a team of individual contributors responsible for formulating product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for communicating and promoting the product value proposition to Distribution organization.
- Ensures product team delivers sales support to all distribution channels (e.g., .com, mobile, contact center) so that the product is properly positioned to customers (sales tool and collateral development, sales training, etc.).
- Develops new product or sales offerings and enhanced features/services to existing product or sales offerings
- Leads research, analysis and evaluates performance metrics to drive recommendations for market opportunities or product enhancements
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire competitive intelligence.
- Partners with appropriate stakeholders to develop communications for product and pricing strategies to key stakeholders and committees within the respective COSA and the enterprise.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing, Distribution or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 4 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- 3 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Experience Owning, Forecasting, and Managing a Product P&L.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Expert knowledge of applicable product related regulations and, risk and compliance requirements.
- 2 or more years of direct product management experience with Deposits products including P&L management
- Experience in an Agile environment
- 3 or more years of experience successfully leading matrixed teams
- Prior experience in a quantitative or analytical role
- Prior experience with Deposit fees; preferably with Overdraft
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Quality Assurance Advisor Lead - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Quality Assurance Advisor I - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Executive Assistant – Retail Banking San Antonio, Texas
- Executive Operational Planning Advisor (Bank Committee Recorder) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Manager, Quality Assurance - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida