Director, Political Action CommitteeLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0041870 Date posted Feb. 12, 2020 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Director, Political Action Committee for our San Antonio, Texas home office location.
The USAA Employee Political Action Committee (PAC) Director is responsible for the growth, compliance, and day-to-day administration and management of the PAC, including budget development and oversight.
Manages employees providing research and analytical support to the USAA Government & Industry Relations (GIR) lobbying team. Oversees regional government and industry relations that could result can impact USAA's operations. Responsible for representing USAA in legislative and public policy matters and industry organizations concerned with legislation and public policy. Plays a key role in developing political strategy and will lobby legislators and testify on bills of special interest to USAA and its membership. Ensures information resources are maintained and that status of legislation is reported to USAA's COSA's. The role is also responsible for oversight of the USAA Political Action Committee (PAC) to include budget, strategy development and execution.
- Responsible for oversight of identification, analysis and tracking of legislation and/or regulation that may impact USAA's operations.
- Plays a key role in coordinating strategies to achieve USAA's legislative objectives.
- Works with other company and trade association's representatives to ensure appropriate discussion and analysis are considered and the requisite coordinated action is executed.
- Creates strategy for legislative advocacy and manages implementation of lobbying strategy.
- Leads information resources in relation to active legislation.
- Responds internally to questions on a variety of legislative issues that affect the company and frequently interacts with senior management on matters requiring inter and intracompany coordination.
- Understands the political environment identifies key issues that may affect USAA's operations.
- Ensures the managing team of analysts have a comprehensive knowledge of the legislative process and provides interpretation and explanation of the more complex legislative enactments.
- Advises management on prudent political strategy and the potential reaction.
- Maintains knowledge of USAA's current operations and the financial services industry.
- Stays abreast of issues in the financial services industry and actively seeks to link those issues to ongoing or emerging legislative opportunities.
- Maintains relationships both within and outside USAA to facilitate information gathering and dissemination.
- Promotes collaboration of work efforts with and provides guidance to managing team, peers, coworkers and outside contacts and independently handles critical situations.
- Represents USAA before Federal and/or State Legislatures and Regulatory Agencies, where appropriate, under the direct supervision of a Vice President or Assistant Vice President of Government Relations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching and employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years experience in government relations role or related experience
- 2 years leadership experience or demonstrated leadership in a related area -Demonstrate adaptability
- Subject-matter-expert in Microsoft office and applicable web tools
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Previous PAC management and compliance experience in a corporate setting
- Previous experience leading a federal multi candidate Political Action Committee
- Experience planning events to support the PAC Efforts
- Existing relationships with fundraising consultants
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Election Commission law and regulations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.