Director, Payments Product Development
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Payments Product Development for either our San Antonio, TX facility or a 100% Remote Work Environment.
This role is responsible for the Retail Bank Open Banking and Money Management group. This Director will focus on building out the Retail Bank Open Banking strategy; in addition to further enhancing the bank’s existing Data Sharing program and Money Management tools to promote our members’ financial well-being and meet them where they need us. The leader of this organization will be responsible for a strong team of Experience Owners and Developers. In addition, this director will be accountable for a Multi-Million dollars investments in IT and vendor partnerships. This role reports to the Payments Strategy and Technology Executive.
Manages a team of individual contributors that is responsible for overseeing and managing the launch and maturation of new products into target strategic markets. Serving as a cross functional expert, provides leadership, product expertise and support for initiatives related to product development, compliance, operational and process improvements, claims management, vendor management, product documentation, fulfillment, and/or system releases.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for development of digital first products supporting the needs and risks of USAA Members.
- Oversees the development and of launch new innovative product offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products.
- Develops and finalizes recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally for the line of business
- Develops and launches new innovative product offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products
- Generates creative product and coverage solutions for member needs to ensure a dynamic product development pipeline exists
- Responsible for maintaining thorough level of knowledge of business and underwriting performance for products in scope (e.g. trends, results, etc.)
- Responsible for post-launch maintenance and underwriting of “new in market” products based on product performance, member needs and competitive changes in the market including but not limited to product rules, rates, and forms.
- Leverages cross functional resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire competitive intelligence
- Leads a team to analyze internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops and communicates the new product value proposition for the line of business across teams and levels of leadership
- Ensures product development team delivers sales support to all distribution channels (e.g., .com, mobile, contact center) so that the new product is properly positioned to members
- Directs the analysis and evaluation across multiple new product performance metrics to adapt offerings, if necessary, prior to full launch
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed and implemented in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Coaches and develops employees belonging to the product development team, on an ongoing and real-time basis, to drive maximum performance and engagement levels to achieve desired business results
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years relevant industry experience in Financial Services, Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing, or Operations to include direct product management experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience developing product strategies, product plans and product roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, deploying and supporting product and/or integrated suite of products.
- Knowledge and application of Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
- Experience leading an agile product development process, managing multiple products simultaneously.
- Exceptional communicator and engaging storyteller with a flair to communicate effectively with executives.
- Experience with Open Banking, data sharing and APIs
- Digital Banking or Mobile Banking background
- Experience with Personal Financial Management tools
- Bank or FinTech experience
- Agile experience
- Experience with Change Management
- Product management and development experience
- Experience ensuring strategic alignment across stakeholders and workstreams and dynamically responding to strategic and capability related changes within open banking and money management related workstreams
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.