Director, P&C Claims Special Investigations UnitLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0042598 Date posted Jan. 14, 2020 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, P&C Claims Investigations Unit for San Antonio Home Office I.
Responsible for the Claims fraud investigation strategy, program management, regional management of investigative staff and the results achieved. Develops investigative and other operational priorities, manages workload balance, develops staffing strategies and evaluates operational results. Creates and maintains industry and other business relationships. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures contributing to fraud control objectives, as well as compliance with state insurance fraud-related laws and regulations.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Develops investigative and other operational priorities, manages workload balance, develops staffing strategies and evaluates operational results.
- Creates and maintains industry and other business relationships.
- Directs claims investigative teams, ensures business performance and progress towards short- and long-term objectives.
- Develops and implements Claims Security operational plans/policies in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Consults with senior leadership on strategic direction for SIU.
- Identifies emerging trends and develops new investigation programs and processes.
- Responsible for communication and training tactics in support of new programs and processes.
- Regularly interacts with and influences peers and executive management on significant operational issues.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on business outcomes for SIU strategy.
- Develops collaborative internal and external relationships with enterprise business partners, vendors, and industry groups.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching, counseling, performance evaluation and all leadership and management related functions.
- Coordinates Claims Security Quality Assurance program.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years of progressive related (i.e. claims, law enforcement, etc.) experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Currently obtains or will pursue certifications: i.e., SCLA, CFE, CIFI, FCLA; certifications must be obtained with 18 months of hire/moving into position.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2 or more years of SIU or Fraud experience.
- Currently holds completed SCLA, CFE, CIFI, or FCLA certification(s).
- Experience working with NICB, ISO, and/or other external partners.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/20/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Entry-Level Adjuster San Antonio, Texas