Director, FSB UnderwritingLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031512 Date posted Apr. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Director, FSB Underwriting for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Responsible for rendering and communicating decisions that most effectively mitigate risks in loan portfolio and investor products. Manages assigned resources to support strategic and operational objectives for optimal efficiency and effectiveness. Works closely with executive management and ensures appropriate coordination and implementation of initiatives, campaigns, programs, and projects.
- Manages, develops, and provides guidance and support to real estate and/or non real estate underwriting managers.
- Leads and motivates Underwriting teams to achieve productivity and quality objectives.
- Ensures underwriting employees are knowledgeable and empowered to make decisions, solve problems, and complete work assignments.
- Evaluates employees and monitors training to ensure employees provide effective member service, financial counseling and exercise good lending practices of underwriting and investor guidelines.
- Monitors and audits lending activity and loan portfolio to ensure regulatory compliance of all regulations.
- Coordinates and distributes information to senior management on Lending Operations.
- Monitors financial performance of one or more products supporting the real estate and non real estate lending programs and provides suggestions and recommendations for improvements to further Bank objectives.
- Makes recommendations on Bank underwriting guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Exercises lending authority as appropriate.
- Negotiates highly complex credit decisions across one or more products supporting the real estate and non real estate lending business with external funding sources.
- Ensures a high standard of loan quality for delivery to investors or on the bank balance sheet.
- Partners with end to end process and product owners to ensure integration of process.
- Leads complex Bank and enterprise projects, programs and committees.
- Communicates project plans and organizes and champions related changes by eliminating roadblocks to successful implementation.
- Prepares and conducts project and program briefings to all levels of management.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive, and productive working relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Serves as an owner of a business process and/or program.
- Plans, organizes and directs activities of lending programs and processes by developing objectives, goals, and.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years Mortgage, Credit Card, Consumer Loans, or Home Equity underwriting experience.
- 3 or more years experience managing and leading teams or projects.
- Expert knowledge of loan portfolio regulations or investor guidelines.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 years experience with Appraisal Operations/Underwriting
- Strong experience with Conventional and VA Lending products
- 2 years Vendor Management experience
- Strong experience working with GSE (Government Sponsored Enterprise) such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and VA
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/21/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.