Director, Compliance Risk Management (Consumer Banking)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, Compliance Risk Management (Consumer Banking) for one of the following locations: Plano Legacy, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Crosstown or San Antonio Home Office I or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the regulatory environment.
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience implementing Compliance frameworks
- Subject-matter expertise in Consumer and Safety and Soundness requirements related to Payments, Deposits, and/or Credit Cards, including NACHA, FFIEC Retail Payment Systems, Fed Green Book, Reg Z, Reg CC, and Reg DD.
- 4+ years of 2nd line compliance in a large financial institution
- Regulatory exam expertise
- CRCM Certified
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Strategy Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia
- Manager, Real Estate Processing (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Director, Real Estate Fulfillment (Closing) (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - IT/IS Issue Validation San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas