Director, Compliance - Anti-Bribery and CorruptionLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0030278 Date posted Mar. 21, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, Compliance - Anti-Bribery and Corruption for our San Antonio, TX facility or remote.
The Director, Compliance - Anti-Bribery and Corruption manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Provides oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment.
- Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for department project/process/product initiatives.
- Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on the company's business.
- Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory compliance impacts and recommended actions on department initiatives.
- Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements.
- Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance issues.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self-assessment programs and examinations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Develop and manage talent.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 6+ years experience within financial services industry at a law firm, a Legal or Compliance department or with a regulator (OFAC, SEC, DOJ, FED, state securities regulator).
- 3+ years experience with proven experience with FCPA, UK Bribery Act and similar laws and regulations globally.
- Proven experience in an ABAC advisory role focused on Hiring Practices, Finance & Expense Controls (including Gifts & Entertainment), and Third-Party Risk management.
- Proven experience in drafting relevant ABAC Policies, Standards, and Procedures.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Ability to build rapport with key partners and interface with businesses and functions in order to facilitate the successful implementation of the Enterprise ABAC Program.
- Advanced Degree or JD.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.