Digital/Technical Product Manager Lead
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Digital/Technical Product Manager Lead for our San Antonio, TX facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee’s manager. This position may also be in a 100% remote work environment.
The Digital/Technical Product Manager Lead will be a member of USAA’s LifeCo Digital Team. This individual will be responsible for shepherding the delivery of the Digital experience for Annuity products.
Leads the discovery, delivery, and performance of digital and technology products and their experiences for USAA and its members. Collaborates with internal stakeholders and partners to tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize the customers’ (internal/external) experience with market offerings. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform technology and digital solutions. Optimizes and improves existing products and experiences across delivery channels and platforms to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). Employs User Centered Design and Design Thinking methodologies to bring world-class Digital and/or Technology driven products to market. Develops the product strategy, vision, and goals and justifies decision-making related to the balance and mix of innovation types and investments for Digital and Technology products of complex and significant scope (portfolio level or enterprise reach). Ensures strategic alignment across the product and its stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Independently leverages Digital or Technology research, business and market intelligence, and data-driven insights to identify opportunities, propose solutions, create and maintain roadmaps, and improve performance.
- Leads team and stakeholders to envision, define, and translate Digital or Technology product and experience opportunities (customer “needs” and “wants” as well as all other input forms into problems, gaps, etc.) into initiatives (i.e., requirements, epics, features) and drives execution strategy.
- Shepherds highly complex, highly integrated, and strategic Digital or Technology product and experience opportunities from idea to market validation through collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and SMEs (Business, UX, Technology, Ops, Marketing, etc.).
- Drives, quantifies, and defends Digital and Technology product and experience investments through Business Case artifacts and hypotheses, communicating the value proposition of Digital or Technology products and experiences.
- Continuously leverages expert data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand and report on product and experience performance against KPIs/KRIs; shares best practices with team members.
- Guides team to generate meaningful insights through a variety of tools and resources to uncover areas of opportunity to inform Digital or Technology product and experience improvements; follows through to ensure applicable improvements are implemented.
- Sets the standard for preparing compelling presentations, and other forms of communication to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience, including senior leadership, and facilitates Digital or Technology product definition, concept and collaboration sessions to coordinate discovery, development, delivery, and validation activities, as well as to mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Conducts internal and external research and conducts situational analysis to identify and apply industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness of Digital or Technology products.
- Actively manages ambiguity, influences others to bring in “big picture” thinking and drives clarity, solutions, and execution plan among team and stakeholders.
- Maintains and applies expert knowledge of the business, technology, UX, and relevant experiences and processes and an expert understanding of Product Management.
- Consistently provides guidance and mentoring to team members and acts as an escalation point and ensures issues are resolved.
- Bachelor’s degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years Digital/Technology Product Management experience, to include Digital/Technology experience in Strategy/Planning, Innovation, User Experience, Process Engineering, Analytics, and/or Research/Testing; OR an Advanced degree and 6 years of Digital/Technology Product Management experience, to include Digital/Technology experience in Strategy/Planning, Innovation, User Experience, Process Engineering, Analytics, and/or Research/Testing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Technology/Digital products and emerging technology platforms, applications data analysis and research techniques and standards.
- Proven track record to effectively develop, influence, present and communicate highly complex business, digital, or technology concepts to cross-functional teams, non-technical users and senior leadership.
- Experience with eCommerce or Digital Acquisition, preferably in financial services, and direct accountability for Digital conversions and sales
- Robust understanding of Digital tools available for consumers preparing for or in retirement
- Outstanding data analysis skills and proven leadership skills
- Experience with Adobe, GlassBox and Tableau
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $117,600.00 - $211,700.00*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.