Digital/Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Banking (Remote Work Location Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Digital/Technical Product Manager Lead—Digital Banking for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Leads the discovery, delivery, and performance of digital and technology products and their experiences for USAA and its members. Collaborates with internal stakeholders and partners to tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize the customers’ (internal/external) experience with market offerings. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform technology and digital solutions. Optimizes and improves existing products and experiences across delivery channels and platforms to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). Employs User Centered Design and Design Thinking methodologies to bring world-class Digital and/or Technology driven products to market. Develops the product strategy, vision, and goals and justifies decision-making related to the balance and mix of innovation types and investments for Digital and Technology products of complex and significant scope (portfolio level or enterprise reach). Ensures strategic alignment across the product and its stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Independently leverages Digital or Technology research, business and market intelligence, and data-driven insights to identify opportunities, propose solutions, create and maintain roadmaps, and improve performance.
- Leads team and stakeholders to envision, define, and translate Digital or Technology product and experience opportunities (customer “needs” and “wants” as well as all other input forms into problems, gaps, etc.) into initiatives (i.e., requirements, epics, features) and drives execution strategy.
- Shepherds highly complex, highly integrated, and strategic Digital or Technology product and experience opportunities from idea to market validation through collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and SMEs (Business, UX, Technology, Ops, Marketing, etc.).
- Drives, quantifies, and defends Digital and Technology product and experience investments through Business Case artifacts and hypotheses, communicating the value proposition of Digital or Technology products and experiences.
- Continuously leverages expert data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand and report on product and experience performance against KPIs/KRIs; shares best practices with team members.
- Guides team to generate meaningful insights through a variety of tools and resources to uncover areas of opportunity to inform Digital or Technology product and experience improvements; follows through to ensure applicable improvements are implemented.
- Sets the standard for preparing compelling presentations, and other forms of communication to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience, including senior leadership, and facilitates Digital or Technology product definition, concept and collaboration sessions to coordinate discovery, development, delivery, and validation activities, as well as to mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Conducts internal and external research and conducts situational analysis to identify and apply industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness of Digital or Technology products.
- Actively manages ambiguity, influences others to bring in “big picture” thinking and drives clarity, solutions, and execution plan among team and stakeholders.
- Maintains and applies expert knowledge of the business, technology, UX, and relevant experiences and processes and an expert understanding of Product Management.
- Consistently provides guidance and mentoring to team members and acts as an escalation point and ensures issues are resolved.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 years experience in lieu of a degree).
- 8 years Product Management, Digital/Technology experience or directly related experience in Strategy/Planning, Innovation, User Experience, Process Engineering, Research/Testing and/or Operations within Insurance or Financial services industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Technology/Digital products and emerging technology platforms, applications data analysis and research techniques and standards.
- Proven track record to effectively develop, influence, present and communicate highly complex business, digital, or technology concepts to cross-functional teams, non-technical users and senior leadership.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile, Lean Product Development and Lean Portfolio Management environment.
- Knowledge of digital and technology strategy and delivery as it relates to Experience Design concepts and Human Centered Design concepts, roadmap development, journey mapping, competitive analysis and research, and situation analysis methods.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 8+ years Digital experience
- 6+ years of digital banking industry experience (including experience with Auto Lending, Credit Card, Mortgages)
- 6+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies
- 4+ years SEO experience
- Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/05/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Executive, Bank Digital/Technology Product Manager - Acquisition San Antonio, Texas
- Executive, Bank Digital/Technology Product Manager - Services San Antonio, Texas
- Executive, Bank Digital/Technical Product Manager (Strategy) San Antonio, Texas