Development Product Owner Senior - Digital Tagging (100% Remote Work Available)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Development Product Owner Senior for the San Antonio, TX Office or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Coaches Bank product teams on best practices for tag management and measuring user experiences across all channels and digital platforms. Leads product management activities for data design team. Helps define and evolve the vision and strategy for analytical data design at USAA.
Serves as a direct representative of the business on an agile team. Attains, understands, and communicates business vision and needs in order to write and refine user stories, prioritize work, and provide guidance to technical teams. Uses critical thinking, problem solving, and Agile principles to partner with business owners, subject matter experts, and the development team to build effective solutions. Possesses an advanced knowledge and understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver business value.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and compliant solutions while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Applies advanced knowledge in the business development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in multiple business or system domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at the project or program level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported business operations/product line.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable databases and product management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe).
- Advanced experience analyzing business requirements, process flows and use cases to identify opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies.
- Advanced ability to independently work to gather business requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to identify opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Expert with the design and validation of Adobe Analytics tags.
- Expert on the digital tag management lifecycle process.
- Strong understanding of (DFM) Design for Measurability to support Analytics and Reporting.
- Strong understanding of tag management systems and platforms like Tealium.
- Knowledgeable of Bank digital applications for dotcom and mobile.
- Experience in design creation for effective measurement of digital experiences.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Program/Project Management Senior San Antonio, Texas