Development Product Owner LeadLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0030107 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobRepresents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team`s work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works independently on highly complex efforts to include multi-year journeys involving multiple teams, across programs/portfolios and can consistently leads and provides oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in the application and search for new solutions or evaluation of intangibles in order to resolve highly complex and unique issues.
- Evaluates and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise expert judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results.
- Serves as a thought leader for a specific business and technology team, and assists management with the delegation of work assignments.
- Serves as an expert across multiple business or system domains and leads development across multiple teams at the program and portfolio level.
- Identifies engages, influences and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in business and/or project delivery.
- Expert knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Expert in Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
- Expert knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in bank controls (regulatory and audit) and project delivery with relevant work experience with Agile
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Professional
- Banking product and operations knowledge (Mortgage, Credit Card, Deposits, Consumer Lending, or Money Movement)
- Strong business presentation and packaging skills
- Excellent communication skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 03/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Scrum Master Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Development Product Owner - Data Quality Analytics San Antonio, Texas
- IT Release Train Engineer/Scrum Master – Senior Level San Antonio, Texas
- Development Product Owner Senior San Antonio, Texas