Development Product Owner Lead - Technology Transformation
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWhy USAA?
Let’s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Development Product Owner Lead - Technology Transformation. This person will have executive level communicating skills, high level creation skill using PowerPoint as well as a strong background in technology transformation. The skills that will set you apart in this role; design and journey mapping, wire framing, persona and experience design, and working knowledge of time studies.
This position will work in a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What you'll do:
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Work with business and subject area experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and prioritizes stories, features or epics to support effective and sustainable solutions while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for a single or multiple Agile teams or program. Product backlog includes complete user stories or features with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serve as a knowledgeable collaborator and provides leadership across multiple business or system domains and teams at the program and Epic level.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, implement, solution and release in alignment with program, portfolio or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, team members, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an experienced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Participates with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing organizational change routines, as needed.
- Apply expert knowledge in the business development/execution team, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Product Owners, including Seniors.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in multiple business or system domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
- Identifies engages, influences and leads business partners across programs.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported business operations/product line.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable databases and product management tools.
- Proficient knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe) with a consistent track record in using these skills to develop and lead products through the entire product life cycle.
- Advanced level experience in analyzing and translating business requirements, process flows and use cases to find opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Expert understanding and demonstrated use of process engineering methodologies and change practices to translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Experienced ability to independently work to gather business requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Expert experience and knowledge of Risk Management frameworks and Banking Regulatory requirements.
What sets you apart:
- Communication expertise to include both written and verbal
- High level skills with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Design and journey mapping experience preferred
- Wire framing, persona and experience design
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $104,660 - $199,970.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.