Development Product Owner Lead (Remote available)
Purpose of JobWe are looking for a Development Product Owner Lead in our San Antonio office or it can be a 100% Remote work environment. Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team`s work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
The Retail Bank Deposits team sits in the Retail Bank organization and is responsible for our Close and Re-Open experiences. Reporting to the Director of Delivery Product Owner, we are looking for a Delivery Product Owner to lead the program and leverage program management skills to create transparency and alignment within Close and Re-Open experiences.
Will be directly accountable for maximizing business value delivered against Retail Bank's strategic objectives.
Work collaboratively with Experience Owners, Technical Leads, and stakeholders (Risk Management, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and Enterprise Money Movement) to ensure successful execution and delivery.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Works independently on highly complex efforts to include multi-year journeys involving multiple teams, across programs/portfolios and can consistently leads and provides oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in the application and search for new solutions or evaluation of intangibles in order to resolve highly complex and unique issues.
- Evaluates and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise expert judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results.
- Serves as a thought leader for a specific business and technology team, and assists management with the delegation of work assignments.
- Serves as an expert across multiple business or system domains and leads development across multiple teams at the program and portfolio level.
- Identifies engages, influences and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4+ additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in business and/or project delivery.
- Expert knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Expert in Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
- Expert knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Agile frameworks such as SAFe or Scrum@Scale with certification as SAFe PO/PM or CSPO.
- 6 or more years experience as a Product Owner with Agile facilitation background, working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas).
- Banking/digital banking experience.
- Exposure to compliance regulations such as NACHA Operating Rules, REG E, Truth-in-Lending, Electronic Funds Transfer, Fair Lending, UDAP etc.
- Certified Scrum Master
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300 *(this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.