Development Product Owner-Bridger (Remote Optional)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We are seeking a highly experienced Development Product Owner - Bridger for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for training and/or meetings.
Serves as a direct representative of the business on an agile team. Attains, understands, and communicates business vision and needs in order to write and refine user stories/features/epics, prioritize work, and provide guidance to technical teams across programs/portfolios. Uses critical thinking, problem solving, and Agile principles to partner with business owners, subject matter experts, and the development team to build effective solutions. Possesses an experienced knowledge and understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver business value.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts, and prioritizes stories, features or epics to support effective and compliant solutions while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for a single or multiple Agile teams or program. Product backlog includes complete user stories or features with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serves as a knowledgeable collaborator across multiple business or system domains; is expected to lead development across multiple teams at the program and Epic level.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop, execute, solution and release in alignment with program, portfolio, or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Participates with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management routines, as needed.
- Applies experienced knowledge in the business development/execution subject area, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners, including Seniors.
- Demonstrates experienced knowledge in multiple business or system domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
- Identifies engages, influences, and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Bachelor’s degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of validated experience in operational improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported business operations/product line.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable databases, and product management tools.
- Sophisticated knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe) with a consistent track record in using these skills to develop and lead products through the entire product life cycle.
- Solid experience in analyzing business requirements, process flows and use cases to find opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Clear understanding and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies and Organizational Change practices to translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Expert ability to independently work to gather business requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Advanced experience in analyzing and translating business requirements and the ability to see opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Subject matter expert with Lexis Nexis Bridger Insight XG software (version 5.x).
- Subject expert in AML/BSA/Sanctions Discernment (KYC Screening).
- Solid understanding of Information Governance Controls (Data Quality Monitoring).
- Strong preference for SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, and MS SQL.
- Shown knowledge of Data movement platforms (ETL extract, transform, load /FTP file transfer protocol).
- Efficient knowledge of Application Programming Interface APIs.
- Understanding of payment systems related to screening.
- Shown ability to communicate complex concepts effectively at all levels of management, both written and oral presentation forum.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800-$192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.