Decision Science Analyst SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038784 Date posted Oct. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobCandidate May Be Required to Work in the San Antonio, Home Office; Remote Work May be Considered
This position is on the P&C Omni-Channel Analytics team and supports the P&C enterprise. The selected candidate will perform cross-channel analyses supporting contact center operations, product planning and management, and sales performance. These analyses will involve both data and statistical techniques utilizing multiple data sources to include MCID, ESF, PAR, and Site Catalyst.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make `insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to various levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management,
- garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline. (4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required)
A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
If Master's Degree, 4 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
If PhD, 3 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- Proficiency in using the MCID and ESF data assets to execute analyses and provide actionable insights
- Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation using tools such as SQL, and SAS
- Experience performing MSR channel analytics and delivering to Executive business partners
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Director, Compliance Risk Management - Quality Assurance Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Lean-Agile Analytics Lead Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst - Bank Risk Appetite Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director Supervision and Controls - FCRA San Antonio, Texas