Decision Science Analyst LeadLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0035557 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobCandidate Will Be Required to Work in the San Antonio, TX Home Office
We are seeking a Decision Science Analyst Lead to join the HR People Insights team dedicated 100% to supporting USAA’s Culture team. The Culture team is accountable for the design, implementation and ongoing oversight of USAA’s Culture strategy, plans, programs and measurement. This position will be responsible for measurement & analysis of our cultural health and making data-driven recommendations to reinforce the desired culture. This role will also shape and lead initiatives to drive behavior change at all levels of the organization.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
The business problems analyzed are typically large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
Organizes and oversees the development of requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to all levels of management.
Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
Monitors, understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline (4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required)
A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years’ experience in a decision support analytic function.
If Master's Degree, 6 or more years’ experience in a decision support analytic function.
If PhD, 5 or more years’ experience in a decision support analytic function
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience
- Demonstrates expert skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- Applied experience with organizational behavior at both macro level (e.g. company-wide practices) and micro level (e.g. individual and team practices)
- Demonstrated experience shaping and leading efforts to drive behavior change
- Experience in principles, methods and tools in the following disciplines: change leadership, cultural integration, employee engagement, employee retention, and high-performance team
- Reside in or willingness to relocate to San Antonio, TX
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst I San Antonio, Texas |
- Audit Manager - Bank Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas