Decision Science Analyst Lead (Remote Work Location Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Decision Science Analyst Lead for San Antonio Home Office II/III or Remote Work Location Available.
The candidate selected for this position is going to be a part of a major effort to transform and implement the Bank’s Customer Service platform Strategy for evolving the suite of technology our Member Service Representatives (MSRs) and leaders use today to serve our members in the contact center. This technology transformation will replace many core & ancillary MSR systems over the next three years. The main responsibilities of this role are to advise program stakeholders on the overall data and analytics strategy for future analytic consumption, guide and mentor the MSR Tools Data team through the technology transformation, facilitate communication between strategic stakeholders, and oversee insight/information delivery with new source data. The role of a Lead Decision Science Analyst will drive critical initiatives across the rollouts.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to lead discussions with cross-functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies. The business problems analyzed are typically large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy. Organizes and oversees the development of requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change. Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to all levels of management. Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA). Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews. Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Monitors, understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline. Four years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required. OR A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field OR A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field.
- If Bachelor's degree, 8+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience Or If Master's Degree, 6+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience Or If PhD, 5+ years experience in a decision support analytic function 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Experience with the implementation of Customer Service vendor platforms such as Pega or Adobe.
- Experience in Channel data or Contact Center analytics to include data exploration, data integration and business requirement development.
- Experience with the development of Strategic Data Solutions with data architecture a plus.
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Snowflake or Azure.
- Experience in Analytics, Insight Delivery and Test & Learn Statistics.
- Experience with event Instrumentation and design tagging.
- Big Bank/large financial institution experience is a plus including Big Bank data quality and controls standards.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200.00 - $175,000.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Director, Audit - Fraud and Central Operations San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Business Risk and Controls San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Real Estate Processor (Work at Home) Tampa, Florida | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy Analyst I--Bank Omnichannel Sales & Service Performance (Remote work location available) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida