Decision Science Analyst I - MarketingLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038202 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobJobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
We are currently seeking a talented Decision Science Analyst for the San Antonio Home Office.
- Leverages business/analytical knowledge to participate in discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate on business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and mid-to-upper level management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences mid to upper level management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have an impact on business results.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline.
(4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.)
- A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
- A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- Master's Degree, 2 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- If PhD, 1 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function
- Demonstrates competency in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Successful completion of a job related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Strong knowledge of marketing to include understanding of marketing spends and the associated business outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of marketing data to provide actionable insights and recommendations up to and including the Chief Marketing Officer and other Senior leaders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment and with various lines of business teams.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 09/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas